Pro Days | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pro Days

I agree 90% with the “it’s playing speed that matters” but if I’m picking a guy at #3 I want that last 10% too and a 4.5 from Pitts would push him closer to the Calvin Johnson type of beast it would take to pick a pass catcher that high

I agree 90% with the “it’s playing speed that matters” but if I’m picking a guy at #3 I want that last 10% too and a 4.5 from Pitts would push him closer to the Calvin Johnson type of beast it would take to pick a pass catcher that high
Yeah..if he runs 4.5 or under..all bets are off..top 6!

btw I heard that we shouldn’t rule out Atlanta wanting a QB in the draft, even with the restructuring of matt Ryan’s contract!

Calvin Johnson was a monster. 82 inch wingspan. His best 40 time was 4.35. Henry Ruggs last year ran a 10 yard spilt of 1.54 seconds and a 20 yard split of 2.52 seconds on the 40. Calvin ran splits of 1.52 & 2.53. That's a man weighing 50 pounds more and at 6"5'. Insane. That 133.5 speed score is still #1 all time I believe. Calculates weight/height with 40 time.

He is to this day the greatest WR of all time, in my humble opinion. We might never see a blend of talent, size, speed, and agility like that again.
If he had a HOF QB behind him his whole career like a lot of the other HOF WRs, he would have shattered most the record books. The ultimate offensive weapon.

Calin Johnson RAS.png

I hope Kyle Pitts has a good showing at his pro day. If he can be anything even remotely close to Calvin Johnson(on the field that is) we would be in a great place offensively if selected at #3.

Last edited:
Calvin Johnson was a monster. 82 inch wingspan. His best 40 time was 4.35. Henry Ruggs last year ran a 10 yard spilt of 1.54 seconds and a 20 yard split of 2.52 seconds on the 40. Calvin ran splits of 1.52 & 2.53. That's a man weighing 50 pounds more and at 6"5'. Insane.

He is to this day the greatest WR of all time, in my humble opinion. We might never see a blend of talent, size, speed, and agility like that again.
If he had a HOF QB behind him his whole career like a lot of the other HOF WRs, he would have shattered most the record books. The ultimate offensive weapon.

View attachment 71771

I hope Kyle Pitts has a good showing at his pro day. If he can be anything even remotely close to Calvin Johnson(on the field that is) we would be in a great place offensively if selected at #3.
Calvin had a lot of talent and god given ability..would have been Interesting to see him play another 5-7 years and the type of numbers he could have put up!

USC pro day on NFLN now, really looking forward to seeing St. Brown, I feel he can do a lot of what Smith offers, he's a chess piece we could move around. Would love to see the fins take him on day 2.

Add 0.5-1.0 on these pro day 40s. You can only compare them to each other this year and to similar hand-timed pro days in past years. Even then, there's so much variability in times across all the scouts there.

I'm not believing any time guys are posting themselves on social media from private workouts.

Add 0.5-1.0 on these pro day 40s. You can only compare them to each other this year and to similar hand-timed pro days in past years. Even then, there's so much variability in times across all the scouts there.

I'm not believing any time guys are posting themselves on social media from private workouts.
1 second? Funny.

Are you suggesting they are shaving from 1/2 to a full second off their times?

USC pro day on NFLN now, really looking forward to seeing St. Brown, I feel he can do a lot of what Smith offers, he's a chess piece we could move around. Would love to see the fins take him on day 2.
Do you think he makes it to pick 81? I think he's just outside of the top 50.

Ran a 4.51, which is decent.

Back
Top Bottom