Probably a defensive tackle could be signed before the bucs game?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Probably a defensive tackle could be signed before the bucs game??

Can we win a SB

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Defensive tackle Johnny Thomas injured his leg in the afternoon practice and left the field on a cart. The team could sign a defensive tackle before Friday's night game.

I got this from the Miami Herald, on the article that says three dolphins going under surgery.. Well at the end of the article, they siad the team may sign a defensive tackle. do you think the Dolphins will try to get that ex-redskin defensive tackle, that was a starter..I forgot his name, but is it possible if we can get him for the league minimum?? should we?

If we sign a defensive tackle before the Bucs game it will be a scrub we are getting a look at, who will most likely not make the team or even the practice squad. Our depth at Defensive Tackle is ridiculous: Chester, Bowens, Zgonina...and then you get into a bunch of pretty good backups(some of whom are listed as DEs)

No way we get Big daddy Wilkinson....Too risky...His history doesn't make him a possible alternative...Wanny doesn't ant another D.G on his hands..
Not that i disagree...He's not worth the risk..
If the Fins are going to sign a DT (one of their deepest positions) it'll be a cheaper and safer option...

This, from The Boston Globe, should tell you all you need to know about Big Daddy -

commenting on the Pats tenuous situation at DT-

"The uncertainty has led to speculation that the Pats may be considering what would seem to be a very un-Bill Belichick-like player: former first-overall selection and notorious loafer Dan ``Big Daddy'' Wilkinson. That speculation is baseless.

The Pats may not have the ideal situation at nose tackle, but they aren't desperate enough to go for a 10-year veteran who always has made big money and has long had the reputation of being an underachiever. While Wilkinson (6-foot-4, 353 pounds) certainly has the size to man the middle of the Pats' 3-4 front, it's questionable that he has the motor and toughness that the position demands"
Big Lazy Daddy

Johnny Thomas wasn't even going to make the team anyway. I think we're set at DT.

Back
Top Bottom