Probably been discussed before, but if we take Benson... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Probably been discussed before, but if we take Benson...

AlanSaysYo

Practice Squad
Reaction score
*don't kill me*

If we take Benson, does that in any way change our relationship with Ricky Williams? Would Williams be more likely to attempt to return to the team considering his relationship and common background with Benson? The two would seem to be able to easily and cooperatively split carries. Ricky may even see it as an opportunity to teach Benson, a guy who he probably cares more about than your average rookie RB.

I'm not saying I'd actually want this to happen, but I wonder if it's crossed Saban's mind...

Or maybe Williams would talk Benson into retiring two years from now...

We're NOT taking Benson. Saban has paid less attention to him than anty other of the Top 10 players for a reason. He doesn't want the guy.

Benson is the worst of the 3 to pair with Ricky because he is used to being a feature back and not sharing. On top of that, at least one of the two would likely feel a sibling rivalry due to their shared Longhorn heritage (likely Benson feeling he always has to top Ricky).

dolphingator said:
We're NOT taking Benson. Saban has paid less attention to him than anty other of the Top 10 players for a reason. He doesn't want the guy.

go ask boomer. out of the top 3 rb's benson has received the most attention from saban, and if saban truly does want the guy how would you know? saban has to show he likes edwards and smith because they are the two players that teams will be willing to trade up for. if saban wants a rb then in all likelihood he's not going to show it because it hurts our chances of trading down. i would not be suprised if saban takes benson.

Back
Top Bottom