Probably wise to draft a "2nd tier QB" after all......... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Probably wise to draft a "2nd tier QB" after all.........

NYC#1finsfan

Active Roster
Reaction score
With the lack of ability to put together an attractive package, in order to move up in the draft and Buffalo and the NYJ in more lucrative positions than we are it may be wise to address more pressing needs at #11 and draft an attractive second tier QB to groom behind RT for the future. This would also alleviate any pressure for the team to immediately start the draft pick day one and relieve any pressure on Tannehill to the point where he is looking over his shoulder after every pass.

Let's get behind #17 and pray that he's healthy and will lead the Dolphins to bigger and better heights than we have become used to. Hopefully the draft proves fruitful and F.A. isn't wasted by our front office, which have taken their fare share of lumps from us and rightfully so. Glass half full, yes it's difficult but I bleed Dolphins colors and I MUST go into this season optimistically.

If you take a second tier qb, that means you are lining him up to replace Tannehill someday. I'm with you on the support Tannehill part though. If he is the clear starter and we don't go qb, then I'll absolutely pull for him.

Here's the thing:

I want no part of Tannehill if he can't handle the pressure of competition. I don't think that's even an issue. Remember what he did when Philbin refused to name him the starter before the London game a few years back; that worked out well.

I'm still of the opinion one of the QBs could fall to 11 VERY easily. It's very possible Denver will NOT take a QB now in the first round, and if the Jets end up with Cousins....

Anyway. If I'm the Fins, I stay right the heck where I am at 11. If Baker Mayfield is there, I probably take him. If no, I take BPA, and grab a QB where it offers the most value. If someone like Mason Rudolph falls to the 2nd? Sure. If Luke Falk or Kurt Benkert is there in the 4th? Sure. But yes, we need to develop someone.

With the lack of ability to put together an attractive package, in order to move up in the draft and Buffalo and the NYJ in more lucrative positions than we are it may be wise to address more pressing needs at #11 and draft an attractive second tier QB to groom behind RT for the future. This would also alleviate any pressure for the team to immediately start the draft pick day one and relieve any pressure on Tannehill to the point where he is looking over his shoulder after every pass.

Let's get behind #17 and pray that he's healthy and will lead the Dolphins to bigger and better heights than we have become used to. Hopefully the draft proves fruitful and F.A. isn't wasted by our front office, which have taken their fare share of lumps from us and rightfully so. Glass half full, yes it's difficult but I bleed Dolphins colors and I MUST go into this season optimistically.

I like to this coming from you.

If he's healthy, he's got all the motivation he needs.

If you (or any fan) think you were frustrated by the 2017 season, it pales in comparison to the fire burning inside that dude. You think watching Jay Cutler QB your team pissed you off?

I don't know how Ryan's career will pan out. Nothing is guaranteed in life.

I do know I wouldn't bet 1 cent against that man.

I am the ultimate optimist because whats the point of watching football (or living) if your not?

RE:
Probably wise to draft a "2nd tier QB" after all.........

I could be a smarty and say "No thanks. We already have one of those!"

But hey.

Just kidding.

Maybe.

BNF.

Here's the thing:

I want no part of Tannehill if he can't handle the pressure of competition. I don't think that's even an issue. Remember what he did when Philbin refused to name him the starter before the London game a few years back; that worked out well.

I'm still of the opinion one of the QBs could fall to 11 VERY easily. It's very possible Denver will NOT take a QB now in the first round, and if the Jets end up with Cousins....

Anyway. If I'm the Fins, I stay right the heck where I am at 11. If Baker Mayfield is there, I probably take him. If no, I take BPA, and grab a QB where it offers the most value. If someone like Mason Rudolph falls to the 2nd? Sure. If Luke Falk or Kurt Benkert is there in the 4th? Sure. But yes, we need to develop someone.

If Denver needed a QB before signing Keenum, then I think they still need one. Paxton Lynch must be really, really, really bad. Brock Osweiler bad.

There's going to be a crazy scramble for QBs at the top of the draft, but it all depends on which teams like which players. If everybody's scrambling up for Darnold and Rosen, then Mayfield or Allen could be there at 11.

Here's the thing:

Denver has just come out and said signing Keenum would not stop them from drafting a QB. The Jets have re-signed McCown but say they are working on a deal for Bridgewater to be a back up. Still extremely dicey that a Qb gets to 11

Denver has just come out and said signing Keenum would not stop them from drafting a QB. The Jets have re-signed McCown but say they are working on a deal for Bridgewater to be a back up. Still extremely dicey that a Qb gets to 11

If I were Bridgewater I'd stay far away from NYJ now since they seem to love McCown so much. He'd be better off accepting a straight up backup job somewhere else for a starter likely to be injured than potentially be third on a team with an inexplicable starter and a high pick they want to develop.

I agree I think the 2nd is the earliest were gonna get a QB. I don't see anyway the top 4 QBs make it close to 10. Too many teams need QB's that are already ahead of us, and others will trade ahead of us if one slips.

If Miami doesn’t have ammo to go up and get a QB how are they going to get Barkley if he falls past number 2?
You misunderstood. I wouldn't draft a QB when there is a supreme all time talent like Barkley there for the taking. No one will draft him if the Giants don't at 2 until 7 Tampas pick. They won't pass and we certainly have that fire power. There is plenty of good talent at QB that can be had in the late 2nd or 3rd.

Back
Top Bottom