Probably wise to draft a "2nd tier QB" after all......... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Probably wise to draft a "2nd tier QB" after all.........

Denver has just come out and said signing Keenum would not stop them from drafting a QB. The Jets have re-signed McCown but say they are working on a deal for Bridgewater to be a back up. Still extremely dicey that a Qb gets to 11

Of course they're going to say that. And yes, it's dicey. It always is.

But there's a decent amount of weird stuff going on that makes me go "Wait....what?" The Jets now have Bridgewater, McCown, Hackenberg, AND Petty under contract. Are they really going to draft a 1st round QB and cut bait on Hackenberg and Petty, both of whom were drafted in the last three drafts? Maybe so, but I wouldn't call it a slam-dunk.

My point is that people are treating it like it's etched in stone that there is no way on God's Green Earth that a QB makes it to 11. I disagree.

For what it's worth, if you're looking for a developmental QB who has all the tools and is a total project, you'd be hard-pressed to find someone more fitting than Christian Hackenberg. If the Jets cut him, he'll land somewhere. I'd certainly rather have him than David Freaking Fales.

For what it's worth, if you're looking for a developmental QB who has all the tools and is a total project, you'd be hard-pressed to find someone more fitting than Christian Hackenberg. If the Jets cut him, he'll land somewhere. I'd certainly rather have him than David Freaking Fales.

You have obviously never watched him play then. There is not a QB in the NFL I would rather have less, not even Henne. Most overrated player in collegiate history, I was oh so happy when the Jets drafted him.

You misunderstood. I wouldn't draft a QB when there is a supreme all time talent like Barkley there for the taking. No one will draft him if the Giants don't at 2 until 7 Tampas pick. They won't pass and we certainly have that fire power. There is plenty of good talent at QB that can be had in the late 2nd or 3rd.

if the Giants pass on Barkley and the Colts don't take him, I might just randomly smack something. He is the perfect fit for that team.

You have obviously never watched him play then. There is not a QB in the NFL I would rather have less, not even Henne. Most overrated player in collegiate history, I was oh so happy when the Jets drafted him.

I have absolutely watched him play, repeatedly. He regressed so badly after O'Brien left it was crazy. Something *happened* there. I don't know what it was, but the Hackenberg of his freshman year was something spectacular.

I have absolutely watched him play, repeatedly. He regressed so badly after O'Brien left it was crazy. Something *happened* there. I don't know what it was, but the Hackenberg of his freshman year was something spectacular.

Allen Robinson happened. And also why the avg fan and media was so high on him. No one bothered to see that half of his throws were way off target and should have been intercepted, but Arob bailed him out with spectacular catches all year long. I thought he was vastly overrated his freshman year and it proved correct. Losing BO certainly didn't help his development.

Obv he has a monster arm and threw a nice deep ball, but that's not really what I care about in a QB. I'll take a brain and accuracy over arm strength every day.

Allen Robinson happened. And also why the avg fan and media was so high on him. No one bothered to see that half of his throws were way off target and should have been intercepted, but Arob bailed him out with spectacular catches all year long. I thought he was vastly overrated his freshman year and it proved correct. Losing BO certainly didn't help his development.

Obv he has a monster arm and threw a nice deep ball, but that's not really what I care about in a QB. I'll take a brain and accuracy over arm strength every day.

Fair enough. But remember that I’m not talking about him as a starter. Would you really argue for the merits of David Fales over him?

Fair enough. But remember that I’m not talking about him as a starter. Would you really argue for the merits of David Fales over him?

Sadly I might haha. Both would be horrid choices, but Hack doesnt have it between the ears. Thats not something that can really be taught. There are certainly slim pickins this year when it comes to backup QBs. We def need to draft a good one prob in round 2 this year.

I've lived in PA my whole life, became a Penn State fan around 1977/78.
Hackenberg was the most overrated player ever. He was exasperating. I actually stopped watching Penn State games his last year there because he was so streaky and scattershot. Classic example of a team falling in love with arm strength and body measurables and thinking they could turn him into a real QB.
I was glad to see him go.

I've lived in PA my whole life, became a Penn State fan around 1977/78.
Hackenberg was the most overrated player ever. He was exasperating. I actually stopped watching Penn State games his last year there because he was so streaky and scattershot. Classic example of a team falling in love with arm strength and body measurables and thinking they could turn him into a real QB.
I was glad to see him go.

Funny, I feel the same way about Josh Allen.

Whee in PA? I'm in the Poconos.

to me a good back up qb is just as good or has skilled to become better than thill17. if you go draft qb draft best one you can get. all 5 of them qb coming out is good. none of them are ready to be tom brady yet. i feel that with right coach and team they can be avg. i don't know what adam had again mat moore but to me he did his job as backup.

Funny, I feel the same way about Josh Allen.

Whee in PA? I'm in the Poconos.
I think allen has chase to be good just stay away from getting drafted by browns. browns job is hard task for rookie or vet.

Back
Top Bottom