Probably wise to draft a "2nd tier QB" after all......... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Probably wise to draft a "2nd tier QB" after all.........

I really want Mike White or Kyle Lauletta. They have the intangibles you look for in a QB. I think one or both will have solid careers in the league and might surpass the careers of several of the 1st round QBs.

Most people on here don't seem to like White. I didn't follow his whole career, but I did see his games when WKY played FAU, and watched his highlights and the week of the Senior Bowl, and I agree with you. I like him more than any of the mid round options at QB except maybe Lauletta. In what I saw I really liked his accuracy, the way he threw his receivers open or hit really tight windows, his touch on deep throws, and his feel in the pocket. And his senior year he played with alot less talent than he had his junior season. Anyway, I'm not sure what the huge negatives are that people seem to have with his game. He tended to lock on to his primary receiver some, but nothing I saw said he wasn't worth a look in the 3rd or 4th round.

Last edited:
I'm pretty confident they didn't give Tannehill an additional 16.7M last month just to draft a "trainee" to ride the pine for 2018, let alone give up all our draft picks to move up for a QB.

I will be shocked if they draft a QB in round 1 or 2.

None of these QB's are enough of a sure thing to be a better QB than Tannehill. People can offer their opinions but NOBODY knows how they will do in the NFL. All have warts.

The cleanest prospects in this draft are Chubb, Minkah, James & Nelson. That's about it IMO.

If Mayfield and Rosen and of course Darnold are not there at 11, then my preference is to trade back and get in position to be able to draft Rudolf or even Jackson with a late first rounder (as neither will make it out of the round, if the big 4 are gone by the time we pick).

That might take some creative drafting, trade back 5 or 6 spots or something, pick a player, then trade back into the first round with the capital you got for trading down. If they are really in love with Jackson and they think he can be their man, then I'm fine with them using 11 on him, pretty sure if he's not there one of Rosen or Mayfield will be. Not picking one of the top 6 could be a huge mistake for this franchise, I'm honestly fine with any of them with the exception of Allen.

I don't see any of the tier 2 QBs ever beating out Tannehill. Honestly, I'm not sure if any of the top 4 end up better than him (odds are maybe 2/4 of them). If they replace Tanny w a tier 2 prospect down the road it will likely be a financial decision (or bc of injuries).

Back
Top Bottom