Projected 1st Rnd Pick Jeffery Simmons Tears Acl | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Projected 1st Rnd Pick Jeffery Simmons Tears Acl

Phindog

Active Roster
Reaction score
Someone's going to get a 2nd or 3rd round steel.

________________________________________________________________________________

Projected first-round pick Jeffery Simmons tears ACL

Former Mississippi State defensive lineman Jeffery Simmons, a projected first-round pick in the NFL draft, suffered a torn ACL in his left knee during training, he confirmed in a tweet.

He says he will undergo surgery early next week.

"If it is in God's will, no matter which team drafts me this April, I will work extremely hard to get healthy and become a leader in that organization," he wrote.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/s...first-round-pick-jeffery-simmons-injures-knee

I'd take him on day two. We're the perfect situation for a redshirt, especially if you can nab a top 10 talent on the second day of the draft. We don't necessarily need his impact in 2019. But it'd be like adding an additional high first rounder in 2020.

I like him a lot, and he was one of the guys I'd have jumped up and down for at #13.

Real tough break for the kid, but it sounds like he’s got the right attitude for a successful comeback.

He would be a great player to rehab and stash on IR.

Jaylon Smith for Dallas seems to be working out under a similar situation.

A testament to Smith’s drive and talent. A marginal player packs it in after an injury like that.

Simmons’ injury isn’t as severe, especially by today’s standards. I could see us taking a flyer and he would fit nicely into the 2020 mix.

I know Eagles fans aren’t thrilled they ended up with Sidney Jones in the 2nd (now, not then). Not the same player he was, although his position is more impacted by a leg injury then a DT. I’d actually like to see what the Eagles want for Jones.

I'd take him on day two. We're the perfect situation for a redshirt, especially if you can nab a top 10 talent on the second day of the draft. We don't necessarily need his impact in 2019. But it'd be like adding an additional high first rounder in 2020.

I like him a lot, and he was one of the guys I'd have jumped up and down for at #13.

100% agree. If he's there at 48 we better be all over him. Grier talked about building through the trenches, well take an olineman/DE in the first & Simmons in the second would be two first round trench monsters. We'll find our QB in the first round next year after we get a top 2 pick, which will also net us pick #33/34 which should also be used on a olineman/DE.

I think if your looking at the teams most likely to draft him, start with the teams that have the most picks.

Oakland, GB have multiple firsts would put them in the running to redshirt a 2nd rounder. Indy sitting there with the Jets pick at 34 fresh off a monster 1-2 punch from the 18’ draft. Luck is an understatement and a pun.

Never will anyone say RT was lucky to be a Dolphin.

Tough break.:frown I wonder what the extent of the injury is? They can do wonder with surgery these days. If he is around in the 3rd, I would definitely take a shot. Maybe even the 2nd if we drop down and acquire another pick.

Never will anyone say RT was lucky to be a Dolphin.
:ponder:I think he was extremely lucky to be a dolphin. We had a stupid FO that gave him a horrendously over-inflated contract. He should have never been taken in the 1st rd and certainly not at #8. He should thank God everyday that he was fortunate to be picked by a club that had "the original dum!@$s", Mike Tannenbaum, at the helm.

This is exactly right. Particularly if Miami misses out on Murray and ends up going OL, DE, or CB in RD 1, Simmons would be an ideal pick and wouldn't hurt Miami's shot at an early pick.

Tough break.:frown I wonder what the extent of the injury is? They can do wonder with surgery these days. If he is around in the 3rd, I would definitely take a shot. Maybe even the 2nd if we drop down and acquire another pick.

It's just an ACL tear. The doctor that is doing the surgery on Jeffery is a colleague of mine. I refer a lot of patients to him and that ortho clinic.

I was all in on taking Jeffery at 13, but if Miami could somehow come out of this with Jonah Williams and Jeffery Simmons, that would be great!

It's just an ACL tear. The doctor that is doing the surgery on Jeffery is a colleague of mine. I refer a lot of patients to him and that ortho clinic.

I was all in on taking Jeffery at 13, but if Miami could somehow come out of this with Jonah Williams and Jeffery Simmons, that would be great!

Hey!!! ...A KB post...Long time,no hear from...You doing ok?

:ponder:I think he was extremely lucky to be a dolphin. We had a stupid FO that gave him a horrendously over-inflated contract. He should have never been taken in the 1st rd and certainly not at #8. He should thank God everyday that he was fortunate to be picked by a club that had "the original dum!@$s", Mike Tannenbaum, at the helm.

No

Tannehill was gonna be a first rounder even without Miami. And thanks to Miami he never realised his potential. He wasn't lucky at all

Back
Top Bottom