Projected Post-Draft Depth Chart | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Projected Post-Draft Depth Chart

killswitch said:
yeah, acutally it does. "Alive or Just Breathing" is my all time favorite album as it has been for the past 3 years. Ever since they got their new singer, Howard Jones, who replaced Jesse David Leach, I don't think they're as good. But, "Alive or Just Breathing" is amazing. Once it grows on u, you can't not like it.
I just saw them last month on the Taste of Chaos tour

I forgot to post my reaction to the post. I don't think Minnesota wants our #2 as badly as you want them too. But I guess we will see come the draft. You put a ton of thought and quite a bit of time into that -- I don't agree with the first round picks though. I agree with whomever said we should pick up Johnson instead, why have a ton of tweeners if you can have some people that are flat out solid at their position. Its great to have versatility. Its also great to have someone young develop into a position and be elite.

I also agreed with whomever said we shouldn't invest that much into our d-line. Why are you ignoring other needs? We filled some holes, likely to be "re-filled" by this draft or next year. We got a lot of players on 1 year contracts for more reasons than one.

All in all though, good stuff, and good conversation topic.

finsnchips said:
i hate the merriman and cody picks.

I like them both as players... and would definitely not mind Merriman... but both, no thanks.
i agree

killswitch said:
The following would be my ideal end of the offseason.

Transactions:
- sign WR David Boston
- trade Patrick Surtain to Chiefs for 2nd-round pick (#46 overall)
- trade #2 overall pick to Vikings for picks #7 and #18 overall (Vikings select Braylon Edwards)
- release DE David Bowens

Draft:
1 (7) - Shawne Merriman - LB/DE - Maryland
1 (18) - Shaun Cody - DE/DT - USC
2 (46) - JJ Arrington - RB - California
3 (70) - OJ Atogwe - S - Stanford
4 (104) - Lance Mitchell - ILB - Oklahoma
5 (138) - Ryan Fitzpatrick - QB - Harvard
7 (216) - Jimmy St. Louis - TE - Murray St.
UDFA - Robby Valenzuela - DT - Oregon

DEPTH-CHART

QB: AJ Feeley........Gus Ferotte.........Sage Rosenfels

RB: JJ Arrington.......Lamar Gordon.......Sammy Morris (FB).......Travis Minor

FB: Heath Evans

WR: Chris Chambers.........Marty Booker.........David Boston...........Derrius Thompson...........Kendall Newson..........Wes Welker (KR/PR)

TE: Randy McMichael........Donald Lee..........Ed Perry (LS)

LT: Damion McIntosh.........Vernon Carey (OT/OG)
LG: Jeno James........Damion Cook
C: Seth McKinney.........Wade Smith
RG: Stockar McDougle (RT)........Rex Hadnot
RT: John St. Clair

DE: Vonnie Holliday.........Shaun Cody (4-3 DT/DE)

DT: Tim Bowens.......Larry Chester...........Dario Romero

DE: Kevin Carter (4-3 DT/DE)...........Jeff Zgonina (4-3 DT)

OLB: Junior Seau.........Shawne Merriman (4-3 DE/LB)
ILB: Zach Thomas.......Derrick Pope
ILB: Donnie Spragan (OLB)........Lance Mitchell
OLB: Jason Taylor (4-3 DE).......Eddie Moore........Brendon Ayanbadejo

CB: Sam Madison.......Reggie Howard
FS: Yeremiah Bell.........OJ Atogwe.......Travares Tillman (CB)
SS: Tebucky Jones........Tony Bua........Chris Akins
CB: Will Poole........Mario Edwards

K: Olindo Mare
P: Matt Turk

That's the same sorry Offense we had last year without drafting an impact player at any position. We might win 5 games with that roster.

Cheapshotz said:
That's the same sorry Offense we had last year without drafting an impact player at any position. We might win 5 games with that roster.

Well, actually it's diferent. a little. For one thing, Feeley is more experienced. For another, this is assuming David Boston is healthy. Chambers, Booker, and Boston trio. The O-line is also more experienced, has a better coach, and McDougle replaces Whitley (a big difference I think).

The way I see it, our offense is almost set as of now, with the exception of a RB and a WR. I took care of that with JJ Arrington and David Boston. What would you have done instead?

Remember, we're already set at O-line, so there'll be no significant changes there according to what I've read. What else is there to change on offense?

killswitch said:
Well, actually it's diferent. a little. For one thing, Feeley is more experienced. For another, this is assuming David Boston is healthy. Chambers, Booker, and Boston trio. The O-line is also more experienced, has a better coach, and McDougle replaces Whitley (a big difference I think).

The way I see it, our offense is almost set as of now, with the exception of a RB and a WR. I took care of that with JJ Arrington and David Boston. What would you have done instead?

Remember, we're already set at O-line, so there'll be no significant changes there according to what I've read. What else is there to change on offense?

I like the Arrington pick i won't argue that. We need a REAL center more than anything. I would rather pick a young stud WR and forget about Boston. Edwards, Vincent Jackson or possibly Matt Jones.

I would also take a more talented QB to groom. Walter, Orton or McPherson.

Back
Top Bottom