Props For JT From CBSsportsline..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Props For JT From CBSsportsline.....

NJPHIN34

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Jason Taylor vs. Champ Bailey

I hear people tell me that no defender's having a better season than the Broncos' Bailey. I guess they haven't seen Taylor. The Dolphins won five of their last six, and it's not because of Harrington or Chris Chambers. It's because of Taylor, who had eight tackles, a sack, a forced fumble, four quarterback hurries and five quarterback hits against New England. The guy does for the Dolphins what Dan Marino did for the Miami offense. Yeah, Bailey is having a terrific season, but don't insult me: The Dolphins are nothing without Taylor. Advantage: Taylor.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9863594/2

That is awesome!
Maybe JT really will get Defensive player of the year.:D

PHINBRED said:
HE SHOULD WIN MVP OVER BAILEY AND MERRIMAN

I don't understand how everyone is even considering giving Merriman the award. The guy got busted for STEROIDS!!! He's a cheater. I don't see how everyone is nelgecting that fact. I think he's gonna be a great player, but isn't it possible that his stellar performance is enhanced somewhat by his use of steroids? Merriman shouldn't even be in the debate due to his steroid use.

NJPHIN34 said:
I don't understand how everyone is even considering giving Merriman the award. The guy got busted for STEROIDS!!! He's a cheater. I don't see how everyone is nelgecting that fact. I think he's gonna be a great player, but isn't it possible that his stellar performance is enhanced somewhat by his use of steroids? Merriman shouldn't even be in the debate due to his steroid use.
I've heard on some of the sports shows that they are considering Merriman?????????

and merriman was suspended for how many games? The guy's busted for roids...hasn't played a full season, has only 1/4 the tackles Zach does (42 total, 37 solo)....yet somehow this clown is considered Defensive MVP material? WTF am i missing...

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/416752

NJPHIN34 said:

I'm with you man. I can understand if the talking heads dont keep drawing attention to the suspension and the steroid issue because of uncertainties and confidentiality etc...but they should also quietly understand that he's not in the running for DPOY or anything, either.

It would be an outright travesty to hand DPOY to a player that got suspended during the year for cheating.

ckparrothead said:
I'm with you man. I can understand if the talking heads dont keep drawing attention to the suspension and the steroid issue because of uncertainties and confidentiality etc...but they should also quietly understand that he's not in the running for DPOY or anything, either.

It would be an outright travesty to hand DPOY to a player that got suspended during the year for cheating.

I couldn't agree more....

jbond said:
and merriman was suspended for how many games? The guy's busted for roids...hasn't played a full season, has only 1/4 the tackles Zach does (42 total, 37 solo)....yet somehow this clown is considered Defensive MVP material? WTF am i missing...

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/416752

You're mostly missing the 12.5 sacks in only 9 games...which WOULD put him on pace for 22 sacks in a 16 game season.

But I think the games that he has MISSED should not be counted FOR him. He missed those games not because of injury, but because he's a roid pumping cheater.

So I'm looking at the balance, and Merrman has 12.5 sacks and 42 tackles, 1 INT, 0 TDs, 4 passes defensed, and 4 forced fumbles.

Jason Taylor has 10.5 sacks, 48 tackles, 2 INTs, 2 TDs, 7 passes defensed, and 8 forced fumbles.

Advantage, Taylor. Period.

NJPHIN34 said:

Couldn't agree more.

It is quite puzzling how his name keeps coming up in conjunction with this. Because of confidentiality we won't really ever know exactly what the substance is that made him fail the test. However, what type of message would this send out to other players if he won the award?

You can't allow anyone who violated the substance abuse policy to receive awards in the same season as their violation.

ckparrothead said:
You're mostly missing the 12.5 sacks in only 9 games...which WOULD put him on pace for 22 sacks in a 16 game season.

But I think the games that he has MISSED should not be counted FOR him. He missed those games not because of injury, but because he's a roid pumping cheater.

So I'm looking at the balance, and Merrman has 12.5 sacks and 42 tackles, 1 INT, 0 TDs, 4 passes defensed, and 4 forced fumbles.

Jason Taylor has 10.5 sacks, 48 tackles, 2 INTs, 2 TDs, 7 passes defensed, and 8 forced fumbles.

Advantage, Taylor. Period.

:D totally

Merriman is a good player, but he did steriods...its over for him...

I dont understand how in football this is just being brushed off like it next to nothing...If this was baseball Merriman would never shake the rep of taking steriods, but in football he gets a free pass??? Doesnt make sence to me...If Merriman wins D MVP the nfl should be ashamed!!!!

Trekbiz said:
Couldn't agree more.

It is quite puzzling how his name keeps coming up in conjunction with this. Because of confidentiality we won't really ever know exactly what the substance is that made him fail the test. However, what type of message would this send out to other players if he won the award?

You can't allow anyone who violated the substance abuse policy to receive awards in the same season as their violation.

Good point...but think about this Mark McGwire probally wont get in the hall of fame because of his "alleged" steriod use...We KNOW Merriman did steriod...Doesnt add up to me

ckparrothead said:

For once I agree with you on something.

Trekbiz said:
Couldn't agree more.

Actually I thought I heard what the steroid he was using, but I can't quite remember what it was; probably just a rumor. But in any case here's the article from ESPN saying:

Merriman's positive test was "definitely for steroids … not one of those supplement deals," said a source with knowledge of Merriman's suspension earlier Monday. Both the initial A sample and backup B sample came back positive, Mortensen reported.

Take a look at Eric Allen's take, boy was he wrong.
The Rookie of the Year award and Pro Bowl honors we all thought Merriman earned last season have now been sullied completely by his imminent suspension. Going forward, whenever he plays in a game people are going to mention this positive test result. And the consequences aren't just off the field, they are also on the field; now players are going to take extra shots at him because he's going to be thought of as a cheater. Everyone in his locker room is going to look at him differently, and to some he'll be a pariah, never to be trusted again.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2635475

Back
Top Bottom