Props On The Win | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Props On The Win

Allen is too inaccurate. You can't fix a guy that inaccurate. But good luck to you
Yup.

The scrambling is a fun bonus, but when he has to stand in the pocket and deal it's not going to work.

Honestly if I was so irked by the Dolphins that I was rooting against them I wouldn’t waste my time watching the games. I certainly wouldn’t waste my time posting on a fan enthusiast site but that’s just me. Some of you guys crack me up, this is entertainment not life or death. I want better for Miami but I’m not going to be a baby about it. Again the simplest thing to remember is our rooting interests Don’t change anything.

I hope is inconsistent accuracy can get fixed. That Zay Jone missed TD is a perfect example.

But man it is nice watching him throw 60 plus yards and just miss a Foster by about a foot. And I didnt know he was as athletic as he is. Amazing watching a QB out run angles.
I am not sure why people rag on Allen for that last throw. The kid was on the run and threw a pass which was 60 yards (yard line) in the air across the field (from left to right) while he had to turn his body as a right-hander. That was as good of a throw I have seen in a long time. It was Clay's job to catch that pass. It was right there.
Sure there were some inconsistencies but he is a rookie. I was extremely impressed with him and the one thing Dolfans and Bills fan will agree on: the Bills found their franchise QB and he will harass us for years to come while we continue to wait for Tannehill to eventually reach his ceiling.

Darnold is a big step behind Allen but he might turn out a QB for the Jets for years to come.

We blew 6 years on a glorified receiver who gets a boner on some meaningless stats and uses those for job security.

The only thing he seems to lack right now is accuracy/timing, and I for one hope that he always does. He's a scary prospect right now - frighte
Allen is too inaccurate. You can't fix a guy that inaccurate. But good luck to you

ning really.

You can definitely improve it. That's literally why they work on footwork and run plays based on timing, throwing to spots instead of playground style. He'll never be Rodgers but he could be hell to play against.

I am not sure why people rag on Allen for that last throw. The kid was on the run and threw a pass which was 60 yards (yard line) in the air across the field (from left to right) while he had to turn his body as a right-hander. That was as good of a throw I have seen in a long time. It was Clay's job to catch that pass. It was right there.
Sure there were some inconsistencies but he is a rookie. I was extremely impressed with him and the one thing Dolfans and Bills fan will agree on: the Bills found their franchise QB and he will harass us for years to come while we continue to wait for Tannehill to eventually reach his ceiling.

Darnold is a big step behind Allen but he might turn out a QB for the Jets for years to come.

We blew 6 years on a glorified receiver who gets a boner on some meaningless stats and uses those for job security.
Thought it was a good throw too and all he had to do was loft it a little more. Clay was wiiiide open. He's obviously used to gunning it on a rope everywhere, almost too much as they mentioned in the broadcast.

The last throw isn't what I'd be ragging about.

It was a great effort.

Sure, he should have hit Clay, but it was a decent throw.

The 18 of 33 (54.5 completion percentage) with 2 TD and 2 INT was about par for his course, which is always going to be the problem with him.

Despite running all over us, converting first down after first down. Despite no pass rush on our part. He's a 50 to 55% QB.

...or I can continue to be a Dolphins fan. Lol what's with you guys? The Dolphins just won yesterday. I figured you'd be busy feeling excited about the win, no?

Speaking of losers, the Dolphins have consistently been more of a loser than the Raiders during this century. Look around. The Dolphins are a sorry franchise and have been for a long time now, but go ahead. Keep rooting for the status quo. I'm not stopping you.

Why bother to continue being a fan if you want them to lose...that's asinine because guess what, even if they go 7-9 this year the only thing that MIGHT change is Burke getting the ax....Gase and RT are both here next year...we might only get into that 11-15 draft range and then what? To read fans like you on this board next year complaining about the same stuff

The last throw isn't what I'd be ragging about.

It was a great effort.

Sure, he should have hit Clay, but it was a decent throw.

The 18 of 33 (54.5 completion percentage) with 2 TD and 2 INT was about par for his course, which is always going to be the problem with him.

Despite running all over us, converting first down after first down. Despite no pass rush on our part. He's a 50 to 55% QB.
Stats are stats:
we don't know if this will be his future. Inaccurate throws come with the territory of a rookie. His development into year 2 will be important and right now I see only upside.

I find it ironic that people who tell us that Tannehill has not reached his ceiling yet - after year 6 - are immediately dismissive of any rookie and declare "this will be his career".

BTW he did hit Clay.

Thought it was a good throw too and all he had to do was loft it a little more. Clay was wiiiide open. He's obviously used to gunning it on a rope everywhere, almost too much as they mentioned in the broadcast.

Allen's accuracy can improve marginally if he learns how to put more touch on the ball period. There were multiple examples yesterday and there have been frequent examples since I first saw him a few years ago. He relaxed at the combine and displayed wonderful touch but per norm it doesn't play out that way in actual games.

Dolphin fans have been conveniently ignoring the play with Xavien Howard beaten by 4 or 5 steps on a deep ball. That was a rightful touchdown if Allen simply put more air under the ball.

Bottom line, Allen needs to maximize his "good" possessions, like Tannehill did yesterday. Touchdowns, not field goals or frustrating stops in positive territory. Given the accuracy issues there simply will be fewer opportunities for Allen, similar to the NFL game with less possessions than in college. Allen is not going to convert those 3rd and 5 plays to begin a drive as dependably as other NFL quarterbacks.

In college football the lack of accuracy is not as critical because you have more possessions and the talent gap from program to program is wider. That's why many analysts try to kid themselves into believing completion percentage in college doesn't matter. They fail to fully recognize the situational variance, that once the quarterback is in the NFL he's dealing with several fewer possessions, and into tighter windows, and so forth.

Also, Josh Allen desperately needs better helpers. Notice the complete lack of that theme in this thread. It is not surprising at all. This forum is loaded with posters who want perfect receivers and perfect line play and perfect coaching for Ryan Tannehill, but like to pretend every other quarterback already owns that trifecta. From what I saw yesterday, Kelvin Benjamin doesn't belong in the league right now. He looked worse than Devonte Parker has ever looked. None of the Bills receivers were exactly scary, although Zay Jones has rebounded nicely from a shockingly poor rookie season.

McCoy is over the hill, although still dangerous in spots. Charles Clay has regressed. He never was the prototype tight end anyway. Dolphins don't draft prototype tight ends. But Clay has lost the nifty H-back type burst and agility he once owned.

I guarantee the Bills offensive line is ridiculed on Buffalo forums. That is a given around the league, even if Dolphin fans don't want to acknowledge that.

Your coach and whoever is guiding him from the booth make some bizarre choices with the red flag. It isn't fatal in the first half but that attempt yesterday on the Tannehill sack may have been the worst I have ever seen. I was surprised there was any delay at all from the official, that Hoculi son. In a proper world there would have been no hesitation at all, as in, "Buffalo is challenging the ruling that the ball was outside the goal line. The call is confirmed. Buffalo is charged with its first time out."

Stats are stats:
we don't know if this will be his future. Inaccurate throws come with the territory of a rookie. His development into year 2 will be important and right now I see only upside.

I find it ironic that people who tell us that Tannehill has not reached his ceiling yet - after year 6 - are immediately dismissive of any rookie and declare "this will be his career".

BTW he did hit Clay.

I meant put it right on him so he didn't have to dive forward, lol.

He has always been inaccurate. It's the flaw in his game (to date). If this was a one-game aberration I wouldn't have brought it up.

I am not sure what people expect. Allen was running approx 30 to 40 yards (from the 35 to the 50 to his left and back to the 40) turned his body and threw a 40 yard pass. If anything Clay should have come out of the endzone helping his struggling QB instead of having a picnic in the middle of the endzone.
There was no need for a TD. If Clay comes back to the 5 or even the 10 it is still a TD and at worst a 1st down with 55 seconds left.

I meant put it right on him so he didn't have to dive forward, lol.

He has always been inaccurate. It's the flaw in his game (to date). If this was a one-game aberration I wouldn't have brought it up.
Read my post above on Clay.

Put it right on him? He did. But it is an endless discussion about who and who is not franchise QB material. Right now the upside is with the Bills while we still trash receivers for interceptions by Tannehill and applaud inaccurate TD passes bailed out by the receivers.

It is a never ending cycle.

Last edited:
Josh Allen scares the shitz out of me. If he learns how to pass like an elite QB, oh boy. Can pass AND run? Yikes.

congrats on the win. Ugly but got the W that is all that matters.

This season for me has and continues to be about the Development of Allen. He took another step Sunday. I hope next year they get this kid some real weapons to work with.

Good luck on the rest of the season will be watching the rematch in a couple weeks.

I was impressed with Allen... if he hones that accuracy...look out!

Back
Top Bottom