Props On The Win

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by BillsFanInPeace, Dec 3, 2018.

1. GasPed

GasPed A True Fan Donator

I want to point out that the lack of pass rush had something to do with Allen himself - I saw all our DE's (even Quinn and Wake who live off the speed rush) purposely straight-up bull rushing and staying their lanes because they did not want Allen busting the gaps. Which he did anyhow.

I did see an interesting article about Allen though, which not only talked about accuracy but trajectory as well - and how guys with a cannon often don't learn that trajectory is a huge part of making completions (and avoiding INT's) in the NFL. Kaepernick had the same athletic talent as Allen, and was afflicted with the same arm issues too (i.e. lack of finesse). Vick was kind of similar too. Will be interesting to see if Allen ends up like them (hopefully sans off-field issues), or where his ceiling ends up...

coalesce and circumstances like this.
  2. circumstances

circumstances Starter Finheaven VIP

Good point.

No doubt all of our guys had to be cognizant of his propensity to scramble.

But I've been very disappointed in our pass rush in general this season.

coalesce likes this.
  3. pmj

pmj Well-Known Member

I enjoy reading your posts and you may well be right. Accuracy is normally a huge red flag and may be here as well. I guess it almost seems to me the whole Bills offense felt disjointed to me, like there was no plan with where to go with the ball and every successful play had everything to do with him making it happen (although he did miss some for sure). I may be wrong, but it seems like if he spent a few years doing what he was told in terms in terms of timing, ball placement, etc. instead of ad libbing, he may end up very successful in the long run. Pretty much how Tannehill is treated now lol.

4. mrbunglez

mrbunglez Reading Is Fundamental Donator

I honestly hated that the Bills picked up Allen. Was either hoping he fell to the Phins to sit behind Tannehill for a year or drafted out of the AFCE.

I wanted nothing to do with him twice a year, kids elusive, has a cannon for an arm and is a gamer. You guys should be happy to have him.

He is how Tannehill should’ve been as far as the mobility in and out of the pocket goes.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  5. McMichael

McMichael Seasoned Veteran

He made Kiko Alonso look like a joke multiple times. Stiff armed, ran over, ran around and even juked in the open field. Not trading up for Allen might haunt this franchise for years if he corrects his accuracy issues

6. finomenal

finomenal FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I explained why in the first page of this thread.

7. Third Eye

Third Eye Scout Team Finheaven VIP

Allen definitely has not reached his ceiling. He will be good when he learns some touch and has better command of the offense.

8. Goin` Deep

Goin` Deep "Pick your guy and let it fly." Finheaven VIP Donator

I sat in Bronco Stadium last year and watched Allen and Wyoming lay an egg vs Boise State. He was well under 50% completion and had a 1 to 2-TD/INT. I'm not so sure you can fix accuracy issues. Still, he has a gun for an arm and he makes plays running, but he's not turning into Brees or Rodgers anytime soon with his accuracy.

9. BillsFanInPeace

BillsFanInPeace FinHeaven VIP

Me neither

10. BillsFanInPeace

BillsFanInPeace FinHeaven VIP

Turn into Big Ben and i can live with that.

This game was a microchasm of Allen this year. Beautiful touch pass to DiMarco in stride. Then the behind throw to Zay in endzone. He shows flashes of accuracy and then has those bad misses. Increase those flashes and limit those bad misses and I am happy. And get some weapons for him. Zay can stay and Robert Foster the rest of those weapons can go. But feeling happy right now. Next season though is going to tell me alot.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  11. 67Stang

67Stang FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Josh Allen will never be a very good QB in this league and is exactly the type of QB that fizzles out or gets hurt. He is inaccurate and will always be inaccurate. Athletes playing the QB position who can't pass the ball consistently do not win a lot of games in this league, especially against good teams. He is a 53% passer with 5 TDs and 7 ints and lost to a team decimated by injury on Sunday. I am so glad he did not fall to a point where we ended up taking him! Sure, he has some wheels but we see what eventually happens to QBs that run that much!

circumstances likes this.
  12. Austin Tatious

Austin Tatious Starter

Josh Allen may end up being the best of this year’s rookie class.

13. circumstances

circumstances Starter Finheaven VIP

May, but most likely not even close.

He completed like 50% of his passes against defenders that are selling cars or insurance right now.

14. FanMarino

FanMarino HOF Pass Master

Props to the poster. I'm not going to big up the win because myself, like most fans know we stole that one. This season is turning into one of those over achieving (did i really even type the words "achieved" ?!? ) seasons where the team (once again) do not make the playoffs and lose out in the draft picks. Sad that draft picks are even mentioned at this juncture but I'm a sucker for being a realist. I'm at the stage in life where I just basically look forward to the Patriots game to see if we can get a win against Brady...sorry I meant... Brady and the other players around him.