Props To Burke | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Props To Burke

I didnt say he was ****ing Lombardi reincarnated. I hope he is gone next year. Just saying the defense played terrible in the first half and he made some adjustments in the second half that gave us a chance. Pats only scored 6 points in the second half. The reading comprehension around here is ****ing terrible.
My reading comprehension is fine. I don't think your situational comprehension of what transpired yesterday is in the realm of reality. WE GAVE UP 33 FREAKIN' POINTS. There is nothing good about that.

Last edited:
Let me preface this by saying that Burke should be removed a the end of the season....

That said, if he's around next year how could any of you cry foul? His defense has been just as good as Gase's offense, especially during our 3-0 start. Including the Jets game, the defense played a major part of 4 of our 7 wins. If Burke goes...Gase should be on the next thing smoking because it's his job as the head coach to be a quality control expert on the field, inculding the defense.

"He's not a defensive guy..." maybe not, but he is an "offensive guru" who should have an idea how a team is going to attack a defense with personnel groupings and such.

Phins Up...but if you are going to flame make sure everyone feels the heat who is supposed to.

I think the best chance the Dolphins have of making the playoffs is for Matt Burke to be fired right now. I bet you there are guys on that staff right now who can figure out that Kiko shouldn't be covering Edelman 1on1 on 3rd and 8. Or that Gronk shouldn't get a free release off the line on every passing down.

The capper was when he had Branch on Gronk for a 1st down. I was so mad that all I could do was hope for a good end result of that drive and not pick apart the process.

Last edited:
Let me preface this by saying that Burke should be removed a the end of the season....

That said, if he's around next year how could any of you cry foul? His defense has been just as good as Gase's offense, especially during our 3-0 start. Including the Jets game, the defense played a major part of 4 of our 7 wins. If Burke goes...Gase should be on the next thing smoking because it's his job as the head coach to be a quality control expert on the field, inculding the defense.

"He's not a defensive guy..." maybe not, but he is an "offensive guru" who should have an idea how a team is going to attack a defense with personnel groupings and such.

Phins Up...but if you are going to flame make sure everyone feels the heat who is supposed to.
I'm with you, but I wouldn't stop at Gase and Burke. Fire T-Dumb, Grier and the rest of the coaching staff except for Rizzi.

Yep 10 yard cushion on all pass plays is pretty decent acceptable coverage technique. Allowing receivers to slice between another receiver and their defender without getting picked up is another fantastic defensive technique.

I'm not going to stick up for Burke but the front office could have done more to help the guy out. That 2017 draft is shaping up to be a real stinker.

Charles Harris, Raekwon McMillan, Cordrea Tankersley, Isaac Asiata.

All that talent and we walked out with a couple of rotational DT's.

Just imagine swapping out Charles Harris & Raekwon for Gareon Conley & Zach Cunningham...

My reading comprehension is fine. I don't think situational comprehension of what transpired yesterday is in the realm of reality. WE GAVE UP 33 FREAKIN' POINTS. There is nothing good about that.

I forgot you are the sand in the vagina type that always bitches about everything. Sorry I brought up something I found positive in the defensive performance.

Matt Burke was really bad yesterday, I mean really bad. Tom Brady had a couple of brain farts / flat out missed throws and we got pressure in a couple of key situations.

I am not giving Matt Burke props for anything. I think he may have coached his absolute worst game of the season yesterday, and only a total choke job by the Patriots got the team out of that game alive.

I think the best chance the Dolphins have of making the playoffs is for Matt Burke to be fired right now. I bet you there are guys on that staff right now who can figure out that Kiko shouldn't be covering Edelman 1on1 on 3rd and 8. Or that Gronk shouldn't get a free release off the line on every passing down.

All hyperbole aside, and I say this with 100% complete sincerity: I bet that most fans on this site could come up with better 3rd & Long packages and coverage calls than Matt Burke does on a weekly basis. It's beyond ridiculous at this point. He actually does deserve the Olivadotti comparisons now.

Every fan knows Brady HAS to be pressured. Burke worsened the lack of pass rush by playing too much zone.
Side note: I've seen the Pats 4 times this year. It seems Brady cowards out, tires out, whatever, but he's less accurate as the game goes on. And significantly 'less accurate.' Can anyone confirm/refute this?

You're right on 3rd and long. At the snap of the ball, I've already conditioned myself for 'first down!'
Still want him gone for a hundred reasons.
That said, NE scored 6 points in 2H. Gave up 33, which is probably common, and that's with 2 blocked punts. Still, it seems much of that was on an inept Brady.

Matt Burke was really bad yesterday, I mean really bad. Tom Brady had a couple of brain farts / flat out missed throws and we got pressure in a couple of key situations.

I am not giving Matt Burke props for anything. I think he may have coached his absolute worst game of the season yesterday, and only a total choke job by the Patriots got the team out of that game alive.

All hyperbole aside, and I say this with 100% complete sincerity: I bet that most fans on this site could come up with better 3rd & Long packages and coverage calls than Matt Burke does on a weekly basis. It's beyond ridiculous at this point. He actually does deserve the Olivadotti comparisons now.

Haha bro u are cutthroat when it comes to Burke.

Like I have said before, the guy has had a rough year . . . .but you have to appreciate the adjustment to make sure New England did not run over them like they did in the first game.

The front 7 played well yesterday, and certainly Kiko was caught in some unfavorable moments but to essentially make New England one dimensional and have the timely stops they had . . . .is worth props today IMO.

Doesn’t mean I want him back but I think people are overrating the hell out of the talent on this defense . . . Especially when your studs aren’t sacking the QB like we hoped. This defens is built on the Dline causing chaos and it just hasn’t happened to the level it has needed to be.

In some ways it's tough to evaluate Burke. It's not like Miami has a lot of talent on defense. The front seven is middle of the pack at the absolute best, probably bottom third in the league. He has done some nice work against New England, though.

The only thing i think Burke did well yesterday was not go overboard gameplan wise trying to take away Gronk.

He had a big game but he didn’t dictate the way we played them defense wise and imo that was the right way to go about it.

That said, NE scored 6 points in 2H. Gave up 33, which is probably common, and that's with 2 blocked punts. Still, it seems much of that was on an inept Brady.

Really just quoting your post as an edge to my point...

I do not believe banking on the "ineptitude" of the opposition is a viable, sustainable formula for WINNING consistently.

2 weeks in a row we've been "lucky" (fortunate) to win a game that was just as sure to be a loser.

Great job getting the win! But we need BETTER "everything" across the board to get where we all wanna get.

??? is -- really simple -- does Burke put a D on the field that plays winning, sustainable football?

Or more specifically -- is this dude really making a significant difference to our TEAM as a whole?

I don't see no Arns -- or Dick LeBeau so I say

"go Fish!"

I know half time adjustments are huge, was hoping for some pre-half adjustments

I mean you could have called for the grits-blitz on every play and gotten better results

just call something different when things are going that bad

I'd still fire him. I don't think yesterday was great. We lucked out in the second half, similar to lucking out last week at the end of the game.

like others mentioned, the wide 9 base D is just so ugly. And then kiko covering their stars... yikes at least we didn't try to put him on Gordon lol. and it seems like we are allergic to being any closer than 10 yards away most of the time in coverage. It's just too easy for Edelman and Brady like that, pitch and catch. Might only go for 3-5 yards, but if thats all they need for the first.... get in those dudes grill!!

Back
Top Bottom