Props to Tua on GW Drive | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Props to Tua on GW Drive

It was as an RPO to the left side, throwing a quick slant to the right after having your back turned is not really a “built-in” option on the play.

I will give you that they probably practiced such situations beforehand, but I woudn’t call it a built-in check down.

You would if you had an agenda.

Tua and Jalen Hurts combined to go 5/5 in the redzone with their teams, Mac Jones 1/4 yet he's being touted as the best Alabama QB in the league. It's a shame that Hurts and Tua get the disrespect that they do.
You’re comparing two second year players to a rookie. Apples and oranges.

You’re comparing to second year players to a rookie. Apples and oranges.
How when the media literally had a segment comparing all the Alabama qbs in the league asking which one is the best regardless if they’re rookie, or 2nd year player?

Absolutely huge play by Tua! Clutch call and execution. Great throw when we needed it most.
I thought for sure Miami was going to crawl into the fetal position and just run 3 straight times and punt it hoping the defense could win it. Especially after that penalty. Flores isn’t about that playing to not lose BS Philbin and Gase played.

Bro. You are clearly just trolling with "Too bad he had a bad QB rating or we would have won that game..." AND have openly said you were going to troll. Like at least own it. What is that a laughing lime? Odd choice.

It was a good play. He used the built in audible. Just not one particular amazing.
your last comment that it was a good play just not an amazing one is probably more fair then saying the trophy is in the mail. But whatever. I agree with you on some stuff but I think your off here. How many times have we seen our qbs not be able to finish out games and give the ball back to the other teams to eventually score.

How when the media literally had a segment comparing all the Alabama qbs in the league asking which one is the best regardless if they’re rookie, or 2nd year player?
I wouldn’t use the media as support, it’s apple’s to oranges. Obviously a second-year player is going to have an advantage and that’s not even debatable.

I knew this play was familiar. Check this video out.

Very similar play, built off the same concept.

@Delvin, after watching this video, I take back what I said. It looks like the throw to the slant was really built in to the RPO play. Seems like a pre-snap box count (8 in the box) led to Tua throwing to Parker on the quick slant.

It might not have been an audible per se, but still giving props to Tua for executing the play efficiently.

I wouldn’t use the media as support, it’s apple’s to oranges. Obviously a second-year player is going to have an advantage and that’s not even debatable.
Except the media is saying the Rookie, Mac Jones has the advantage over 2nd year Tua and Hurts lol

Tua and Jalen Hurts combined to go 5/5 in the redzone with their teams, Mac Jones 1/4 yet he's being touted as the best Alabama QB in the league. It's a shame that Hurts and Tua get the disrespect that they do.
I would say "Notice similarities about the poorly-considered 'Bama QBs?" but can't really say it.

your last comment that it was a good play just not an amazing one is probably more fair then saying the trophy is in the mail. But whatever. I agree with you on some stuff but I think your off here. How many times have we seen our qbs not be able to finish out games and give the ball back to the other teams to eventually score.
"The trophy in the mail" was just a snarky response to "Too bad he had a bad QB rating or we would have won that game..." I'm not slinging crap, I'm just replying to it. There's no need for conversations to degrade into the mud, but certain folks want to bring it there. So be it.

Like I said, good play by Tua. I'm glad it was built in. I'm glad Tua was smart enough to see the defense and go to it. Well done.

Back
Top Bottom