Prospects you are higher on than most | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Prospects you are higher on than most

TBF he's not even blocked here, I don't think, difficult to see, but horrendous play by the Center or Guard.

Two questions - Have you watched this game? Do you know the magnitude of this particular play?

A few things Tyler Clark does that not many others do is dip his shoulder to make himself skinny, and the quickness & explosion to blow plays up in the backfield. I’ve watched him do this for 4 years.

Two questions - Have you watched this game? Do you know the magnitude of this particular play?

A few things Tyler Clark does that not many others do is dip his shoulder to make himself skinny, and the quickness & explosion to blow plays up in the backfield. I’ve watched him do this for 4 years.

Dude calm the F down, I know you are always wound up tight but man. You post one play on a grainy twitter upload, I'm not commenting on whether Tyler Clark is a good prospect or not, I'm sure you've done your home work on the guy as always, just telling you that it's hard to make out much on that video but it appears the Oline messed up more than anything else. LOL, you tell me to look at his shoulder dip, I can't even make out where his shoulders are !!

Dude calm the F down, I know you are always wound up tight but man. You post one play on a grainy youtube upload, I'm not commenting on whether Tyler Clark is a good prospect or not, I'm sure you've done your home work on the guy as always, just telling you that it's hard to make out much on that video but it appears the Oline messed up more than anything else. LOL, you tell me to look at his shoulder dip, I can't even make out where his shoulders are !!

That’s why I asked if you watched the game. If you did you’d know what I’m talking about and why I said that and just shut the **** up. I didn’t tell you look at anything. I don’t care either way. You’re just posting to run your mouth as usual.

I like Clark. its just a random highlight, I don't think slimm is presenting this as his whole career. Its like when he posted the Cheyenne Ogrady play everyone saw a million times. I'm sure slimm didn't base his entire opinion of O'Grady on one viral play he saw on espn

That’s why I asked if you watched the game. If you did you’d know what I’m talking about and why I said that and just shut the **** up. I didn’t tell you look at anything. I don’t care either way. You’re just posting to run your mouth as usual.

Seem to care enough to respond. Just try to stay calm man, your knowledge and insight on these college kids is second no one on this board, stick to that and not jumping down the throats of people who you think are attacking you, I certainly was not. I was just pointing out that it was easy to go "wow what a play" on the clip you posted because the quality was too low res to determine if it was a great play by Clark or woeful Oline work.

Any thoughts on Jordan Elliot or Raekwon Davis either with the Rd4 Pick?
They both could easily be gone by that pick but if avaliable would both would be great options. Elliot has moved up in most mocks lately, we need an early down run stuffer. Love Leki from Utah also.

Davis and Elliott are kind of opposite in what they bring. Elliott is excellent at penetrating, plays with great instincts, and makes a lot of plays on the ball, but he can get washed out. Davis is stout, but he offers nothing as a pass rusher and doesn't get in on a lot of plays. I think Elliott's skillset is more valuable.

Niko Lalos, DE Dartmouth. Can possibly play some TE. Interesting player as a 7th rounder/UDFA.

Antonio Gandy-Golden WR Liberty is the kind of WR I’d like to take a shot on in the 5th. Could be a long term replacement for DVP.

Darrynton Evans, RB, Appalachian State. Also a fifth round prospect for me.

Possible Picks at 70 I’d like to see in a Dolphins Jersey; FSU RB Cam Akers or Dayton TE Adam Trautman. I can see both players going before that third rounder though.

I like Minnesota WR Tyler Johnson but I don’t think he lasts to the fifth. I think with so many picks between our 3rd and 4th, I suspect we are looking at more OL or S still at 141. I also think a RB is more likely than a WR there.

Last edited:
Jeremy Chinn is a super interesting player who would add an element of versatility to the D. Really would like to see what Flo could do with him.

Probably costs 39, maybe even 26. Kind of think it’s worth it. Some of these other SS types - like Burgess or K’Von Wallace - would definitely cost less and give a lot of the same production...but Chinn being 6’3” 220 just adds an entirely different dimension that these other dudes wouldn’t bring

Also, Chinn has a teammate named Madre Harper that would be an add solely on H/W/S. Nuclear athlete. Same with another small school CB, L’Jarius Sneed

Last edited:
Another dude I really like for the Fins is Claypool from ND. Biggest issue I see is too much duplication on the roster, but I envision him in more of a role similar to Gesicki. He’s a big time athlete who’s production was hindered by a bad QB. Again, worried about duplication so I wouldn’t label him as a priority, but I would love to have him on the team if available at 70.

I have a few that I am probably higher on than others;

Cam Aikers - I get ribbed because he's a Nole, but the kid produced in arguably the most screwed up program over the last 3 years and produced well without complaining. He's gonna be a star in the NFL.

Curtis Weaver - As already mentioned, he's a tackling machine, love his motor and when you hear him talk he's very down to earth, or at least seems to be.

Michael Pittman Jr. - We lacks explosiveness and will struggle with separation, but he goes and gets the ball. He has functional speed and great hands. He fights for the ball and very good at high pointing it.

Gabriel Davis - His route tree is limited and doesn't get great acceleration, but he does have good speed. I watched the guy just catch ball after ball. I know all the knocks on him, but he makes plays.

I think Davis could be a great pick in that 3rd/4th round range. Ton of ability and maybe someone Flores could get better consistency out of.

I spent a lot of yesterday going through the names at the mid to lower end of this RB class. Four players stood out for me as very interesting, I'm just going to post highlight reels, where everyone looks like a star :)

Eno Benjamin, has the dancing feet, but does he try to do too much ?

Anthony McFarland has some wheels on him:

And two Memphis Tigers, Antonio Gibson, who's intriguing more of a WR/RB than just an RB, there is not a lot of RB tape out there but it looks good. While Patrick Taylor just looks like a RB that will run you over, physical runner.

Think this is a real deep RB class, personally I think we can hold off drafting one until the mid rounds but I'm not sure that's Miami's plan.

Back
Top Bottom