Proud of this team | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Proud of this team

Positive year overall. I thought we had a 6 or 7 win team before the season started.

I wish we had a better idea on Tua but he has no weapons to utilize so I don't have a feel for him. I've seen things I like from him and stuff that leaves me scratching my head but he is a rookie and rookies do rookie things.

The nice thing about this year is that the draft is well positioned to cure a lot of our offensive woes if we hit the picks. That is very exciting in itself as our D is most likely good enough already if we can combine it with a formidable offense.

Get us some WRs, and a bruiser RB and I think we will be set. A true RT would be nice too.
Agreed. This draft is going to be huge for us. As I’ve stated before, trade down from 3 (if we have #3) and take Smith or Chase. That is gonna fill a lot of holes for us

The bottom line is we are only 1 year removed from being 5-11. We should have all been enjoying 10-6 but instead so many people are bridge jumping it's ridiculous. The lack of any kind of real running game for most of the year really held us back and today we got our a**es kicked by a good buffalo team. Yes it's a disappointing end to the season but there was also a lot of good that happened this season.

We need to address the wr position in the draft because all of the drops today were unacceptable. To me today's game showed exactly what I've known all along, that we are a year away from doing any real damage in the playoffs.All of the people putting everything on Tua don't know Jack about football. It takes a team effort to win games in December/January and today the team effort was terrible.

Add a true number 1 rb and a speedy wr that can actually catch and I think you'll see a much better offense next season. To put things in perspective we could always be in Houston's shoes right now.

Last edited:
The bottom line is we are only 1 year removed from being 5-11. We should have all been enjoying 10-6 but instead so many people are bridge jumping it's ridiculous. The lack of any kind of real running game for most of the year really held us back and today we got our a**es kicked by a good buffalo team. Yes it's a disappointing end to the season but there was also a lot of good that happened this season.

We need to address the wr position in the draft because all of the drops today we're unacceptable. To me today's game showed exactly what I've known all along, that we are a year away from doing any real damage in the playoffs.All of the people putting everything on Tua don't know Jack about football. It takes a team effort to win games in December/January and today the team effort was terrible. We could always be in Houston's shoes tight now.

Add a true number 1 rb and a speedy wr that can actually catch and I think you'll see a much better offense next season.
Excellent post man, totally agree, hopefully after a few days when emotions have eased a little, people can take a set back and appreciate what we have achieved and understand where we are in terms of the development of the QB and the rest of this team.

I’m pleased with the season. It was fun. Going in, I didn’t think we’d win 6 games based on our schedule. After a 1-3 start I didn’t think we’d win 4 games. Been saying all year that the Tua / Fitz situation reminds me of David Woodley / Don Strock situation. I have no issue w the way Tua was brought along this season.

I wanted the playoffs going into today but reality is we over achieved in a way. We won 10 games without good QB play - that’s hard to do. A lot of good, young players on this team and some good draft pick slots coming up.

X Howard was our best player this year. Honorable mention to Ogbah. Zack Seiler was a find. We’ve built a system that is > than any one player. We are going to have sustained competitive success for a long time.

It is a damn miracle, that after what we watched, from gutting this roster, and being blown out at the start of last season, and finishing playing well, to starting this season 0-3, and then going 10-6. It was much harder for a team rebuilding during this covid deal, than an established veteran team to compete.

We changed over to new OC, a rookie qb, and 3 rookie olineman, who clearly struggled, along with minimal talent on offensive side of the ball. We still were able to pull of double digit wins, and a shot at the playoffs. We did a lot with a very young roster. The defense was excellent up until yesterday. I hope we continue to accend.

What concerns me, is as we are starting to get better, Buffalo seems to be the real deal for years to come.
This division is going to be very tough.

Wishing all you guys a Happy New Year, health and happiness, and hoping this time next year, we are talking about the upcoming playoff game, and not the draft.

Overall it was a good season and I'm happy with the progress we've made. We're ahead of schedule, last season I never thought we would be a 10 win team and fighting for the playoffs in the second year. During last season I honestly thought it was going to take years to turn the team around but I believe we can be serious contenders in year three if we nail the off season. Yesterday was such a horrible way to end the season though. Such a shame it ended with our worst performance of the year.

Last edited:

We need to address the wr position in the draft because all of the drops today were unacceptable. To me today's game showed exactly what I've known all along, that we are a year away from doing any real damage in the playoffs.All of the people putting everything on Tua don't know Jack about football. It takes a team effort to win games in December/January and today the team effort was terrible.

Add a true number 1 rb and a speedy wr that can actually catch and I think you'll see a much better offense next season. To put things in perspective we could always be in Houston's shoes right now.

Don't they have Tunsil, or is that some other fortunate Texas team?

Back
Top Bottom