Proud of this team | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Proud of this team

I really don’t know how to feel. Polar opposite of last year. From horrible season but promising finish to promising season with horrible finish. Until I see otherwise I will assume it’s same old same old.

I hear you but when was the last time we actually cared about winning games like we did this year. It hurts today because it mattered, isn't it great that it did matter ? I think Flo is too smart enough and good at his job for us to become the same old dolphins.

Until we find the QB we are not ahead of any schedule. Schedule starts with the QB.

Optimists unite!

Today was one of those games where everything went wrong. Gave up the punt return TD right as Barkley was about to come into the game. Parker slips for an easy pick six, etc.

Tua looked bad the last couple weeks, but I saw enough this season to keep the faith. Yes Fitzpatrick looked a lot better with the same WR corps, but he’s a 15 year veteran who is used to making it happen with terrible offensive weapons.

We have the draft picks, I think we have the coach, and we have a solid roster to build on. Hopefully the game experience for Tua this year will be very valuable moving forward. Give Tua some weapons, a full offseason (and more time to rehab from the injury), and I think we will be pleasantly surprised with him next year.

Emotions are raw, but the future is bright. I personally hope they stick with Tua.

For me it all came down to the qb. And I’m pretty disappointed with where it’s at.

real disappointed actually
Hoops it’s time to switch to hoops because w Grier in control expect more Charles Harris, iggy, assistant coaches doing lines of coke, undrafted players starting at wr, rb etc... The Miami Heat, now that’s an organization a fan can be proud of.

Until we find the QB we are not ahead of any schedule. Schedule starts with the QB.
He was right there for the taking(herbert) but it’s crap shoot when your Gm believes Charles Harris was a good draft pick. For the record I loved Tua but there’s no question Herbert should of been the pick. Before the draft I said Tua or Herbert I would be happy.

For me it all came down to the qb. And I’m pretty disappointed with where it’s at.

real disappointed actually
For me, it was all about whether or not Tua would be the unquestioned future or not, and that is the one question that remains wide open. So yes, that is a horrible disappointment. Still though, I do take solace in the defense's progression, the general demeanor of the team, and the feeling that good things are brewing. Had Tua shined today or the loss been closer, I would be feeling great.

Just threw out all my dolphins stuff. Can’t wait all my life hoping they make playoffs and win a playoff game. It just not happening. Oh I am negative. Go ahead and tell me. I don’t care. I know we are ahead of schedule and should be happy with 10 wins and no playoffs. Never going change. Only thing to do is change my habits. Done with this team. Enjoy the misery next year. It will be there. It always is.

btw. Where is that guy who called me out after I said last week that this crap would happen. He owes this site a 100 dollars. And I get to pick his avatar. Don’t care about picking his singnature or aviator but he owes this site 100 dollars.

Emotions are obviously raw right now, totally get that folks want to pile on this team and Tua. We choked today in all three phases of the game.

But we can't lose sight of the fact that coming into this season winning 10 games seemed like a pipe dream. We've over performed, playoffs or not. Thank you Flores, the coaching staff, the FO and the team for overperforming expectations it was a fun ride despite the ending.

Personally still excited for the future and still have all the faith in the world in Tua, despite what everyone on here seems to think.
Pffft yea ****ing awesome. Going to enjoy watching Buffalo go to the super bowl and possibly even win it. **** this loser ****ing organization. New England and Buffalo are proof that Miami is a joke always has always will. Glad your so proud guy.

The team definitely exceeded expectations. Probably what makes today's performance so brutal. There should still be a lot of optimism moving forward. I just wish we could have settled the QB issue beyond a doubt.

That’s it in a nutshell. Tua didn’t make the kind of statement that world help us all sleep better. I’m not enough of an X’s and O’s guy to know if he made enough of a statement that the FO is losing sleep and thinking they need a backup plan or not. But I have faith in the FO to not BS themselves into making a bad analysis (that doesn’t preclude a bad decision, but those are usually only viable after the fact).

The game I watched today was of a team that was out matched at a lot of positions. We had QB playing handcuffed in the first half and pressing too much in the second, receivers with zero separation and dropping catchable balls, a sea of blue jerseys in Tua’s face way too much of the time, and the middle of the field undefended much of the time. To me, that shows we over achieved all season and gives me confidence in our FO and our core guys.

I have faith for the first time in years that next year will be better (and not in that 1-15 it can’t get worse way)

I was so sure we had our guy after the Arizona game. I made excuses and rationalize the low numbers leading up to Denver and even thought the Denver benching was all good. Last week's benching though started to make me see things differently. And then today, dear lord what an absolute abomination.

So where the hell do we go from here? In my opinion there is only one way to go and that is forward with Tua. We have to assume this was a rookie going through rookie growing pains and with a full off-season he will come back in 2021 with a chip and something to prove.

My thinking on the draft has changed now though. As much as I covet Parsons, we must devote everything we have to this offense. Take Sewell at 3 or trade down for Smith.

Damn it all why did it have to end like this. We should have red shirt Tua all season like I said from the damn start, but once things get going even I wanted to see the young guy. Fitz deserved to bring this team to the playoffs.

Miami is going in the right direction, but I´ll be worried if they don´t draft a QB to compete vs TUA, TUA just had another very bad game with the same team that Fitzpatrick, Tua maybe needs more time but miami is in win now position and we need to address the QB position to succeed.

Doubled the win total
Fixed the defense
Fixed the offensive line
Brought rookie quarterback along slowly
Plenty of cap room
Multiple high draft picks

There is a whole lot going on right with the dolphins.Half our fan base is delusional as usual. I've been a fan of this team for 40 years, and while the playoffs would've been nice I can't complain. I want the dolphins to be good for the next 15 years, not just this year. So patience is a requirement. Fixing the WR core and finding a RB is now the priority. I trust this front office and coaching staff 100 percent. Eighteen months ago this was the worst football team of all time. Trust the process.........good things are coming.

I hear you but when was the last time we actually cared about winning games like we did this year. It hurts today because it mattered, isn't it great that it did matter ? I think Flo is too smart enough and good at his job for us to become the same old dolphins.
Honestly not that long ago. A couple years.

Back
Top Bottom