Pruitt is a great receiver until pads are on? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pruitt is a great receiver until pads are on?

mattgilm

Island Dolphin
Reaction score
Pruitt seems to always be the best receiver in early camps without pads but when the players put the pads on he seems to disappear or get hurt. I really like him and his natural ability. Do you think he actually makes the 53 man roster this year and can be a productive receiver for the Fins in 2012? or is he only good without pads?:confused:

From what I am reading, WR is completely up in the air. This could finally be the time the Fins move on from Wallace, Moore and Pruitt.

From what I am reading, WR is completely up in the air. This could finally be the time the Fins move on from Wallace, Moore and Pruitt.

It sounds line Wallace is making a pretty convincing case for a roster spot. I think Pruitt and Moore will be gone. I haven't heard anything about the rooks.

Wallace is like Pruitt. He flashes in shorts and fizzles in pads.

The returning WRs are garbage. They will probably keep 6 with 5 locks (Chad, Bess, Hartline, Naanee, Fuller). Chris Hogan is my dark horse 6th.

Really too early to tell who makes it at this point. Hogan is a guy that's been flashing since training camp but he's a perfect cadidate for the practice squad...although I was thinking the other day that it's going to be really hard to hide the players with the most potential on the practice squad this year because of Hard Knocks. That's the way the Patriots took Danny Woodhead from the Jets or the Jets would have put him on the PS for a year. We may not be able to hide Devlin on the PS for another year like I was thinking, especially if he's improved as much as all the reports are saying, we may not be able to put Fuller and Hogan on the PS for a year while we try to sort out the starting 5...if guys like Josh Samuda, who's moved up to 2nd string, try to get stashed on the PS we may not get to keep him. Hard Knocks makes things difficult in that regard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great point, DaTruth. I am very eager to see (Josh) Samuda. I understand he is pretty mobile. Hard Knocks definitely may make it hard to stash guys on the PS this year.

Yeah, I was gonna say...word is that Wallace is impressing even in pads. He'll definitely earn a roster spot if he continues, which I expect him to. Pruitt has definitely been inconsistent. He'll make it to the practice squad at best. My 5 are Johnson, Bess, Hartline, Wallace, and Naanee...with a couple of the rooks making the practice squad.

My 6: CJ, Bess, naanee, Wallace, hogan and fullerPS: Matthews, CunninghamCut: hartline, gates, Pruitt, Moore

This could be an area where Miami still makes a move. I know there are rumors floating around about Mike Wallace due to his contract issues with Pittsburgh. That would be a sweet move if the Dolphins could get him for as little as a 3rd rounder. As it stands right now, it definitely sounds like Roberto Wallace has emerged. We'll have to see how he does in preseason games. Pruitt has always been intriguing, but you can only intrigue for so long. It's time for him to show it in the games or Miami will have to move on.

My 6: CJ, Bess, naanee, Wallace, hogan and fullerPS: Matthews, CunninghamCut: hartline, gates, Pruitt, Moore

It does seem that Hartline is moving on to more people's cut lists. But I think worst case scenerio for him this year may be PUP list? I would think that this may be the logical thing to do. If he gets healthy or somebody doesn't translate to the regular season you will have him around.

Off base here?

Wallace sucks. He can't ever get off the press and is not physical at all

I'll be stunned if Hartline gets cut. You can't cut one of only 3 or 4 guys whos actually made plays in real NFL games. Like it or not Brian Hartline is likely in our top 3 WR's and maybe in our top 2. He's just injured right now.

Back
Top Bottom