Pick 1 per group of 2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mindwarp

Captain Caveman
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
FHBracket-1.gif

This is what your voting on... Don't vote against one cause you don't like the City, Vote to make sure who met these requierment best out of each set of 2. Each Entry has been uploaded to my server so you can't check the link and vote for your buddy. :evilmod: keep it fair!

Task:
Create a wallpaper representing a city, using 3 players from 3 diffrent sports. for example if you used Miami you could use, Wade, Bown, Willis (heat, phins, marlins) you also need to have an image in the background that represents that city (ex. Miami: South Beach). Your Wallpaper also needs to have a tagline in it. (for example: Yesterdays rookes, todays heros)

Specs:
• Use 1 image of 3 diffrent players in one city (all 3 must be in uniform)
• Can only use 1 athlete per sport and all 3 have to be a pro sport (NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA)
• Use 1 image that represents the city (no more then 1 image but you can use this image more than once in your wp)
• Use a tagline
• No animation

Size:
• 1024 x 768

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Entry 9.
clear.gif

Entry 10.
clear.gif

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Entry 11.
clear.gif

Entry 12.
clear.gif

Entry 13.
clear.gif

Entry 14.
clear.gif

Mindwarp said:
TheAnswer385 Moves on as A Wing Pilot did not turn his in.

here is TheAnswer385 entry
http://www.quinnfam.net/fh/psc/july/Julyrd1phc.jpg

just a thought.......maybe instead of of an automatic pass in situations like this.........there could be a second vote between the uncontested entry and the losing entry which got the most votes (best losing entry).

That way everyone in the second round won a matchup, no free passes.

Maybe this would be better implemented in future months........not trying to screw TheAnswer here.

burger13 said:
just a thought.......maybe instead of of an automatic pass in situations like this.........there could be a second vote between the uncontested entry and the losing entry which got the most votes (best losing entry).

That way everyone in the second round won a matchup, no free passes.

Maybe this would be better implemented in future months........not trying to screw TheAnswer here.

thats defently a good idea, :)

My voting:

Entry 10:
Pros: Love the text. and the players postition...
Cons: if i was not a yankee fan i would now know who that picture is... Shocky is to bright...
Overall: 4/5

Entry 11:
Pros: The color. The font. Its very clean.
Cons: none really
Overall: 4.5/5

Entry 13:
Pros: the cutout of the city is real nice. I like the player position.
Cons: I dont care for the backround color or text.
Overall: 3.5/5

My voting:

Entry 10
Pros: I like the text and how well New York is prominently displayed. I also like the background. The placement of the player photos so close together worked well too. It gives the overall image a nice focal point.

Cons: I think better pictures could have been chosen, at least for the baseball photo. Unless I missed the joke and this is supposed to be ironic, I don't think Starbury can be considered a champion.

Entry 11
Pros: Very unique. Prbably one of the best overall concepts in the first round. Plus, you came up with a slogan that could be sold legit to travel agencies and marketing people. I like the text running up the side. It is big enough and clear enough so as not to hurt one's eyes trying to read sideways.

Cons: I would have switched the Lions for the Red Wings for better credibility. :lol: Seriously though, the only real flaw I could find is that I wouldn't know its Detroit without the text. But I like this one a lot.

Entry 13:
Pros: I like the concept (even if it is a Shawn Kemp ripoff) and the rain with the text is a nice play on words. I also like the text font.

Cons: The cuts of the athletes aren't the best. In particular, it looks like Ichiro has a building jabbing him in the ribs. It could have just been the way it lined up, but it looks a little funny. Nonetheless, I voted for this one and I like it.

GOOD JOB BY ALL!

Back
Top Bottom