PSU vs. NW - Thoughts??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PSU vs. NW - Thoughts???

GWfinfan13

Scout Team
Reaction score
To all you PSU FinFans out there, what did you think of the game last weekend??? I went through the full range of emotions, from wanting to throw the TV out the window in frustration to...well...wanting to throw the TV out the window in joy.

This game showed me that we have what it takes to come back in a football game, even though it was only Northwestern. I thought we showed a lot of composure coming back and taking the victory. We need to pick up our running game, and for the love of god STOP THE STUPID PENALTIES (same with the Dolphins, what is up with that??).

MRob, what can I say, he makes some pretty stupid decisions, and enjoys fumbling the ball for no reason. Two interceptions he threw were not entirely his fault, but could have been avoided (tipped passes at the line). He made some incredible throws though (4th and 15!!!!!!!).

Our Freshman WR corp has some talent though, doesn't it? Talk about big play threats! Overall, I was happy that we pulled out the win.

Happy for:
1. MRob showing some composure and not turning the ball over in the second half
2. Defense not allowing too many TDs after all those turnovers
3. Young WRs making the big catches

Not happy for:
1. WRs dropping balls into the hands of the defense
2. MRob fumbling the ball for no reason
3. ESPN announcers who do not know player names and are pretty much idiots in general

GWfinfan13 said:
To all you PSU FinFans out there, what did you think of the game last weekend??? I went through the full range of emotions, from wanting to throw the TV out the window in frustration to...well...wanting to throw the TV out the window in joy.

This game showed me that we have what it takes to come back in a football game, even though it was only Northwestern. I thought we showed a lot of composure coming back and taking the victory. We need to pick up our running game, and for the love of god STOP THE STUPID PENALTIES (same with the Dolphins, what is up with that??).

MRob, what can I say, he makes some pretty stupid decisions, and enjoys fumbling the ball for no reason. Two interceptions he threw were not entirely his fault, but could have been avoided (tipped passes at the line). He made some incredible throws though (4th and 15!!!!!!!).

Our Freshman WR corp has some talent though, doesn't it? Talk about big play threats! Overall, I was happy that we pulled out the win.

Happy for:
1. MRob showing some composure and not turning the ball over in the second half
2. Defense not allowing too many TDs after all those turnovers
3. Young WRs making the big catches

Not happy for:
1. WRs dropping balls into the hands of the defense
2. MRob fumbling the ball for no reason
3. ESPN announcers who do not know player names and are pretty much idiots in general

What's the reasoning behind playing 3 gimmees against non-conference opponents?

USF, Cincy, Central Mich all at Beaver stadium? was Joe Pa desperate for some wins or something?

that 4-0 record is a mirage of an easy start to the season. Could they not get better opponents for the out of conference games? The team has had a definite fall from grace, but wow, they must really be desperate for a chance at a bowl game

Seems like the original post was directly addressed to me, lol.

First about the schedule, Penn State was originally supposed to play Alabama this year, but they backed out do sanctions they are still feeling from the NCAA. Two of those teams are in the Big East, a BCS conference. And by now we all know about USF beating Louisville. I mean their schedule could be worse, they could have pulled a Wanny and brought in some DI-AA team to play. Plus this team needed to open with a schedule like that, being 4-0 gives them confidence that they have not had in recent years.

About the game, it almost seemed like this team matured at halftime. If you go back to the last couple of years, this is a game that Penn State has lost. They make a bunch of mistakes, they get physically beaten by the other team, but they always have that late flicker of hope that tears the heart out of a PSU fan when they squander it. But this time was different. Northwestern was getting all the lucky bounces(figuratively and literally) but the Lions hung in there and get the win in the end.

I was glad to see Connor getting some playing time, he will be crucial against Minnesota. With the time of possession that Northwestern had, why didn't we run the ball more. Tony hunt had only 13 carries but still had 99 yards. And I swear Austin Scott does not travel with the team, can you remember the last time he got a carry on the road?

Back
Top Bottom