Q & A Live with Andy Cohen | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Q & A Live with Andy Cohen

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Q & A Live with Andy Cohen
Q. Why would the Dolphin coaches (Norv Turner - specifically) not call max protection on their last drive after the Peyton Manning interception knowing full well that rookie left tackle Wade Smith was having a horrendous time with Dwight Freeney. A tremendous oversight I think.
A. I couldn't agree more. I would have liked to have seen Rob Konrad in there as the second blocker. Anybody, just to give Griese time to pick out his receiver. I'm sure the coaches regret that decision.

on his prediction

Q. do you think the dolphins could beat the Titans.
A Don't ask me why, but I really believe the Dolphins are going to beat the Titans. They obviously play well on the road and this is the type of team that when you doubt them, they usually come up with one of their best efforts of the year. So call me crazy, but I'm saying: Dolphins 20, Titans 17.

He sounds like an extreme homer to me. But in his defense I would probably have answered the questions the sam way. I always believe the Dolphins are going to wion every Sunday. They better this Sunday because the stupid Patriots are probably going to win at least 11 possibly 12 games.

Problem...if you put Rob Konrad in to block, you have to pull out either Donald Lee or Randy McMichael. And since those were the only two guys getting open all day that wasn't much of a solution. Honestly, was it THAT much to ask of Ricky to help buy 1 extra second to allow Brian to run AWAY from Freeny?

NO it wasn't. However in watching the play again it looked like Freeney got by Smith so quickly Ricky was caught out of position.

Q: Why was it that most of the time when Dwight Freeney hit Brian Griese from his blind side he fumbled, i know it is an unexpected hit but a quaterback needs to learn to grip the football during a game and especially when the game is on the line. thanx - #1phinfan

A: That's one of the hardest things a quarterback has to do. You don't hear the player coming; you're thinking about completing a pass. I really can't blame Griese for those fumbles; it's the job of the offensive line to protect him in a situation like that. Very few quarterbacks are able to take a hit like that, without knowing it's coming, and hold on to the ball.
I like this one. Andy is 100% right.

Back
Top Bottom