Q&A with Surtain | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Q&A with Surtain

GCS VP

Super Donator
Reaction score
Q: Would you have been satisfied if a deal hadn’t happened and you stayed in Miami?

SURTAIN: “I don’t have anything bad to say about the Miami Dolphins. They have a great owner in Mr. Huizenga. It’s a new regime. Any time you bring in new guys, they’re going to want to bring their own guys in to start building. With my salary cap figure being so high, I don’t want to say it was a no-brainer because you’re giving up a great player and I don’t think a second-round pick can replace that, but like I said it’s a new chapte in my life and I’m looking forward to it.â€Â

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Pat's a class act.. Gotta love the guy.. Since the Dolphisn probably wont compete til 2006, I hope the Chiefs win the SB this year so Surtain gets a ring.

ih8brady

2008 AFC East Champions
Reaction score
The Chiefs are luck to get such a talented, selfless team player for a mere 2nd round pick. I hope Surtain makes the Pro Bowl, but plays poorly whenever facing us.

DonShula84

Sporty Don
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that. He is great player, I hate to see him go but we didnt have many options. Wish him the best, and hopefully the D will be alright with out him.

dominizzo

CAMERON EARTH WAKE
Reaction score
love u pat. You are the best not one of the best even if 29 picks dont show it i watched u play all ur seasons in miami and boy did u impress me

BlitPhinFan

Who Took My Floaties?
Reaction score
HVACservice said:
I hope Saban does something special with that # 46 pick......

I agree! It's not going to be a Surtain, but hopefully we can find someone to make at least 3/4 of an impact on this team that Surtain did.

I have to agree with Pat. Miami is not going to get a player of Pat's calibure with the draft pick we traded him for. Even though he did not come flat out and say that.

dolfan87

The Human Bullet
Reaction score
ih8brady said:
The Chiefs are luck to get such a talented, selfless team player for a mere 2nd round pick. I hope Surtain makes the Pro Bowl, but plays poorly whenever facing us.

Don't forget the 50 million they paid him. ;)

Patrick will do well up there, and I hope he continues to stay healthy.

Good luck Patrick.

Top Bottom