QB Allen to Washington = Out of Tua pursuit? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB Allen to Washington = Out of Tua pursuit?

Yeah, this means Skins are out. But now Carolina might fully enter the race.

I was never that worried that Wash would take Tua or trade down and miss out on Young.

Now Detroit could swap with LAC and still get Okudah/Simmons/Brown so that spot is much more worrisome.

Miami could also swap with Detroit or just sit at 5 and take Herbert.

Last edited:
I think the Dolphins stay at 5 and they draft Herbert. The risk to draft Tua that high considering his numerous injuries over the past two years will just be more than the Dolphins are willing to take.

I don’t usually agree with you on just about anything. But this is a rare exception. I really think Tua’s longevity, rightfully so, scares the hell out of the Dolphins. Honestly if they take Herbert I won’t even be upset. I completely understand.

What’s the value of a “good/great” Qb if he can’t stay on the field?

I agree with everyone here. Injuries are scary but dam this is giving me that Culpepper vs Brees vibes all over again. Was it Culpeppers leg vs Brees shoulder? A QB with an injured shoulder? we cant sign him that would be stupid.

with all that said I am a fan of Love.

Dolphins will look to trade down - get more picks - 4 first rounders - all the QBs in the draft are very similar in that all have considerable talents with lots of question marks....take the raiders two picks for 5 and get QB 1 or 2 tackles a safety and or a RB.

I think the Dolphins stay at 5 and they draft Herbert. The risk to draft Tua that high considering his numerous injuries over the past two years will just be more than the Dolphins are willing to take.

Got a feeling the Chargers trade up for Tua anyway.

I see the fins not taking a QB at 5, then trading up for Herbert.

The fact that pro days and private workouts won’t happen I think most everyone holds pat with their draft.

1g5zfp.jpg

And then history will probably repeat itself like when the Dolphins chose Culpepper over Brees and have regretted that decision ever since.

Last edited:
Love how all the ones who don’t want Tua in aqua and orange are thinking up any excuse for this team not to draft him. :lol:
I have stated that I won’t be upset if they draft Tua at 5 but I certainly don’t want them to trade up and give away two first round picks on a QB who I don’t think will hold up physically in the NFL.

I think Tua maybe a surprise fall like Rodgers was. The fact that teams cant have players in for medical evaluations makes Tua a huge risk to take, his people and Doctors can tell you all the sunshine and rainbow but if you cant get him in and evaluate him personally that's a huge risk in the top 10.

Back
Top Bottom