QB Allen to Washington = Out of Tua pursuit? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB Allen to Washington = Out of Tua pursuit?

I get both sides of this debate. IF Tua is the elite talent some say he is, and if he stays healthy, then yes, I don't have a problem trading up to get that elite talent. But because of the injury concern and having another potential talent available if someone pays dearly to move up to get Tua, then we should consider staying put at 5. I'm just worried we get sucked into a bidding war and give up too many picks to move up a couple spots. We need a LOT of other talent on this team and we can only do that with top picks. We have them this and next year. I'd hate to have given up all that talent for picks, just to give those picks away in the next draft for one single player. Tough decision, I just hope they've done the right research to know which way to go.

I'm really starting to believe Miami either goes all in to try and trade all the way to #1 for Burrow or they just sit at 5 and draft whichever QB is still available. I also get the strong sense if Tua doesn't show remarkable progress between now and draft night then the Dolphins are going to take Herbert.
We all know Cincinnati doesn't trade away high Draft picks, therefore it likely means that we sit pat at #5 and take Tua or Herbert. If the perceived talent differential between the two is relatively small, I'm totally comfortable with that.

I think Tua maybe a surprise fall like Rodgers was. The fact that teams cant have players in for medical evaluations makes Tua a huge risk to take, his people and Doctors can tell you all the sunshine and rainbow but if you cant get him in and evaluate him personally that's a huge risk in the top 10.
I can see Tua sliding into 20s as well...he may have been best college qb but that injury is too risk for most team..

You don't pass on a franchise QB because you signed a Teddy Bridgewater, plus they can easily cut Teddy in 2 years with a minimal 5 mil cap hit.
Idk if Tua is franchise qb yet...he got get healthy first. Secondly he got play the game.

Hold our nerve and we get Tua at 5, we may want to offer Detroit 70 though to ease any concerns.

Dolphins will look to trade down - get more picks - 4 first rounders - all the QBs in the draft are very similar in that all have considerable talents with lots of question marks....take the raiders two picks for 5 and get QB 1 or 2 tackles a safety and or a RB.

If SD trades up for Tua i wouldnt mind trading down a little bit.

I have stated that I won’t be upset if they draft Tua at 5 but I certainly don’t want them to trade up and give away two first round picks on a QB who I don’t think will hold up physically in the NFL.
They wouldn’t have to give up 2 first round picks.
Also, if you don’t want him at 3 because he can’t hold up in the NFL, why would you be OK with him at 5?

Of course he's not, he's not played a down yet, can you tell me a college prospect that has played a down in the NFL ? This post makes zero sense.
Just respond to someone else comment..you say same thing I am saying

And then history will probably repeat itself like when the Dolphins chose Culpepper over Brees and have regretted that decision ever since.

You are wasting your psychic powers here.

There are lotteries you know?

I think Tua maybe a surprise fall like Rodgers was. The fact that teams cant have players in for medical evaluations makes Tua a huge risk to take, his people and Doctors can tell you all the sunshine and rainbow but if you cant get him in and evaluate him personally that's a huge risk in the top 10.
He's an absolute lock to go in the top 5.

Back
Top Bottom