QB Allen to Washington = Out of Tua pursuit? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB Allen to Washington = Out of Tua pursuit?

The Bopkin

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score

QB Kyle Allen is traded from Carolina to Washington to reunite with Ron Rivera.
Is this the safe challenge for Haskins, and does this mean Washington no longer looks to pick Tua at 2 overall?
So is the hot spot now really #3?

QB Kyle Allen is traded from Carolina to Washington to reunite with Ron Rivera.
Is this the safe challenge for Haskins, and does this mean Washington no longer looks to pick Tua at 2 overall?
So is the hot spot now really #3?

Yeah, This is interesting. It's also possible that they want to draft Tua but aren't in a rush to put him out there right away. Ofcourse it makes sense for them to draft a piece that can help them out now.

IMO the only way Tua is ever going 2nd is if Washington suckers some team into trading up. Chase Young is too good of a prospect to pass on when you have a 1st round pick QB who just finished his rookie season.

I'm really starting to believe Miami either goes all in to try and trade all the way to #1 for Burrow or they just sit at 5 and draft whichever QB is still available. I also get the strong sense if Tua doesn't show remarkable progress between now and draft night then the Dolphins are going to take Herbert.

I'm really starting to believe Miami either goes all in to try and trade all the way to #1 for Burrow or they just sit at 5 and draft whichever QB is still available. I also get the strong sense if Tua doesn't show remarkable progress between now and draft night then the Dolphins are going to take Herbert.
I think they stay at 5. Chips will fall in order. No team will trade out.

I agree with every point on this. I don’t think they would give up much if anything to go up to 3. If they roll the dice and stay there they either believe that no one will gamble on Tua or that they can develop Herbert.

So the skins have 3 QBs on the roster: Smith, Allen and Haskins. Do you think they will stay with 3? Is haskins getting the Rosen treatment?

Rivera liked him a lot per Panthers fans.

I'd think they're out of it. If they commit to taking Chase that's excellent. That means the highest we'd have to jump is 3, which isn't going to cost as much as 2, obviously.

Back
Top Bottom