QB Allen to Washington = Out of Tua pursuit? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB Allen to Washington = Out of Tua pursuit?

If Tua does drop and NE trades up and gets him I give up

Seems clear to me to be assured of Tua Miami must move up to 3 which is good, less expensive than moving up to 2.

It appears two teams possibly in the hunt, Chargers and Panthers, to jump ahead of the Dolphins to grab QBs.

If Miami doesn't move up it wouldn't be a shock to see one of the teams trade with Detroit and the other trade with the Giants to remove Tua and Herbert from the board before Miami at #5.

The cost to trade with the Lions may have increased slightly now that the Skins traded for Allen but still cheaper than it would have been to trade with the Skins directly if the Phins are set on Tua.

The 'skins never wanted Tua; this was a classic smokescreen designed to trap the unwary (people like the stupid Houston coach).

The potential teams who may trade up for Tua have been confirmed now the 1st phase of FA has taken place.

Only teams with the ammo to go above us are the LA Chargers & Jacksonville. If either of them move up to #3 to take Tua, we never wanted him.

We need to move to 3 now, and if we need to move up to 2 it will be easier to trade with the skins if they know they can still grab young after a trade down.

Dropping to 5, 6 or lower virtually guarantees young will be gone.

Teams that draft in front of the fins will call on draft day or sooner if they have a trade partner knocking on the door. Miami doesn’t have to make a move until someone else does.

feels like skins moving away from Tua

anyone thinking he drops is nutty

Obviously Rivera saw enough in Allen to do this deal. Kid played with a lot of heart in the couple games I watched. You're only as good as your backup in this league so good for him for making sure to keep that position solidified with someone he knows can run his system.

Still think Can or Winston ends up in Wash.

I don’t usually agree with you on just about anything. But this is a rare exception. I really think Tua’s longevity, rightfully so, scares the hell out of the Dolphins. Honestly if they take Herbert I won’t even be upset. I completely understand.

What’s the value of a “good/great” Qb if he can’t stay on the field?
1000% agree. Tua has all the tools but hip injuries affect your throwing, at least the deep ball. If he cant see the field, he cant help. Trading precious draft capital to move up a couple spots is ludicrous. Take Herbert at 5 without losing any assets. He was regarded as the #1 pick last year if he came out. Lets not draft another Sam Bradford.

Herbert is mediocre? I guess 31 teams also thought Lamar Jackson was just a running QB so not worth the pick either. Syste and coaching can help a healthy QB. I dont care if you have Bill Walsh as your coach, if Tua cant play to the capacity he had pre hip injury, what good is he? Are the Fins playing scared because of picking Culpepper over Brees? Culpepper sure wasnt the same after the injury and Tuas was more rare and widely considered worse than an ACL.

Back
Top Bottom