QB Allen to Washington = Out of Tua pursuit? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB Allen to Washington = Out of Tua pursuit?

What if top 3 QBs gone at 5?
Trade down to10-15, reach for Love, and take two tackles plus whatever our extra pick in that trade down is.
If 3 QBs are taken in the top 4, that means Simmons, Brown or possibly Young is available. That means someone will likely give a lot to trade up. If they don't, draft one of them or whichever OT is top on your board.

I get both sides of this debate. IF Tua is the elite talent some say he is, and if he stays healthy, then yes, I don't have a problem trading up to get that elite talent. But because of the injury concern and having another potential talent available if someone pays dearly to move up to get Tua, then we should consider staying put at 5. I'm just worried we get sucked into a bidding war and give up too many picks to move up a couple spots. We need a LOT of other talent on this team and we can only do that with top picks. We have them this and next year. I'd hate to have given up all that talent for picks, just to give those picks away in the next draft for one single player. Tough decision, I just hope they've done the right research to know which way to go.

I could be wrong, but I suspect Grier is too savy and on point thus far in their overall rebuild plan to get into a bidding war for any player. He knows he's got the cards he needs to ensure a happy ending to this draft for the Dolphins. Agree to all of your points about why we should avoid that.

You can draft #4 QB at 5 or trade down or take best BPA.Lots of choices. Our QB no matter who except for Burrow is going to sit out a year.

Now I see why Rivera was sent packing.There is no damn way you cam look ar Washington's Quarterbacks and say" ya,we got our QB!"

Back
Top Bottom