QB Blaine Gabbert, Missouri | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB Blaine Gabbert, Missouri

if i had "a guy" it would have been andrew luck who i would take over anyone in next years class as well...but since he went back to school i'm not really gonna say that i have one guy that i think will be so much better than the others. cause i'm not sure i really see it..my favorite is gabbert but i don't feel the way about him the way i feel about say mark ingram in regards to he's gonna be a stud...

mark ingram is "my guy" in this draft class...i'm all in on him as a pro...my cards are on the table

he's ok, but he's in the pass happy Big 12 where a lot of QB's are not successful in the NFL.idk how he moved up to the second rated QB coming out after those 2 horrendous interceptions in their bowl game against iowa.

he reminds me of jay cutler. he wasn't really a household name, then before the draft Mortenson started hyping him up everywhere, next thing you know, he was being talked about as the best qb in the draft. and well, i guess mort was correct

[video=youtube;6WWbCF2UicI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WWbCF2UicI&feature=player_embedded[/video]

[video=youtube;G7UUuIvBof8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7UUuIvBof8&feature=player_embedded[/video]

ehh...not sold on the idea of him coming to mia tbh,but we'll see what happens...he throws like he's still in high school with his massive hangtime balls.not good in the NFL.

Last edited by a moderator:
His deep vertical ball is...not good.

But, that's not necessarily as big a part of an NFL quarterback's game as you'd think. And not to mention if there's just one aspect of his game that is so glaringly deficient, you should be able to work on it and make it better, with good QB coaching.

He reminds me of Aaron Rodgers. He moves well, has balance. When Rodgers fell down the board, the big weakness that was cited was his deep ball, teams didn't like it.

If I someone told me: you're going to start a franchise, and you have to stick around for 10+ years, my pick would be Rodgers or Rivers. I really go back and forth. I mean, what would you give up for Rodgers? Almost anything?

But, that's not necessarily as big a part of an NFL quarterback's game as you'd think. And not to mention if there's just one aspect of his game that is so glaringly deficient, you should be able to work on it and make it better, with good QB coaching.

He reminds me of Aaron Rodgers. He moves well, has balance. When Rodgers fell down the board, the big weakness that was cited was his deep ball, teams didn't like it.

You know, I thought I had original idea comparing Gabbert to Rodgers. I'd never read it anywhere -- most of the time people wanted to compare him to Roethlisberger. But I was watching the Oklahoma game on ESPN's Web site the other night and the Rodgers comparison suddenly popped into my head. Not just because of the deep ball thing -- but also his overall athleticism, the way he moves, the way he throws, the way he seems to see the field. It just seemed to fit, much more than the Roethlisberger comparison.

Then I get around to catching up on the first few pages of this thread -- other than your first post -- and there it was. You compared him to Rodgers somewhere in there.

Oh, well. I had only seen Gabbert once (other than a game last year, which I barely remember) before his bowl game. That's what I get for failing to follow through on my yearly New Year's resolution to watch more college football.

Well Aaron Rodgers can certainly throw the deep ball now. To me Rodgers is the second best QB in the league. If Gabbert can develop the deep ball like Rodgers has then he'll have a great career.

You know, I thought I had original idea comparing Gabbert to Rodgers. I'd never read it anywhere -- most of the time people wanted to compare him to Roethlisberger. But I was watching the Oklahoma game on ESPN's Web site the other night and the Rodgers comparison suddenly popped into my head. Not just because of the deep ball thing -- but also his overall athleticism, the way he moves, the way he throws, the way he seems to see the field. It just seemed to fit, much more than the Roethlisberger comparison.

Then I get around to catching up on the first few pages of this thread -- other than your first post -- and there it was. You compared him to Rodgers somewhere in there.

Oh, well. I had only seen Gabbert once (other than a game last year, which I barely remember) before his bowl game. That's what I get for failing to follow through on my yearly New Year's resolution to watch more college football.

You weren't naming shadows. He does remind of Aaron Rodgers. When I watched a ton of tape on him that was the name that kept coming up in my mind because of the skill set he possessed, and because of the one thing he lacked. But people get better at the deep ball. Kellen Moore worked on it and it got a lot better. Rodgers worked on it, got better. It can happen.

As I said I grade him a little higher than I had Stafford, who was not the slam dunk #1 overall pick that Bradford was or that Luck would have been, obviously.

If I someone told me: you're going to start a franchise, and you have to stick around for 10+ years, my pick would be Rodgers or Rivers. I really go back and forth. I mean, what would you give up for Rodgers? Almost anything?

i'd give up anything on the roster for aaron rodgers...that guys the goods

you want vontae cam wake my first this and next year??? sold...take em...thats how highly i think of aaron rodgers...what freaking good fortune green bay fans have found themselves in at the qb position the last 20 plus years...it just pisses me off thinking about it...brett favre in his prime and now aaron rodgers

lucky *******s

Blaine Gabbert: From ESPN and Scouts, Inc.

Toughness/Leadership 2
Plays with confidence. Appears to have good on-field leadership qualities. Overall poise is adequate but not elite. Will stand in the pocket and deliver throw with defender closing in his face. However, needs to show more pocket presence when feeling pressure collapsing from the outside. A tough competitor who will play through injury. Played the majority of the 2009 Nebraska game with a severely sprained ankle.

Intelligence/Decision Making 3
Comes from a spread system and has very limited experience working under center. Going to need time to adjust to pro-style drops and reads. On the other hand, a very good manager of the game. Displays a thorough understanding of coverages and does a nice job of getting pre- and post-snap reads on safeties. Confident in his reads and displays ability to anticipate and squeeze throws into tight windows. However, will take risks and throw into coverage on occasion. Needs to do a better job of taking what the defense gives him.

Accuracy 2
Overall accuracy is good. Throws with balance and feet underneath him. Precise with short accuracy and makes routine throws look easy. Accurate and puts good air with over-the-shoulder and fade routes. However, still developing touch with intermediate crossing routes. Throws too many fastballs and needs to take something off and change trajectories at times. Puts proper air under with deep throws but will miss to the outside on occasion.

Release/Arm Strength 2
Quick and compact three-quarters release. Ball jumps off of hand with tight spirals. Arm strength is a notch below elite but will have no problems making all NFL-caliber throws. Puts good zip on deep out throws from opposite hash. Flashes ability to deliver downfield throws with adequate velocity falling away or off his back foot. Can drive the deep throw and stretch defenses vertically. Tipped balls at the line of scrimmage do not appear to be an issue.

Pocket Mobility 2
Possesses good foot quickness and above-average agility for size. Does a nice job of sliding to find passing lanes. Will keep eyes downfield when rush avoiding. However, needs to do a better job of stepping up in the pocket when feeling edge pressure. Can be tough to bring down for sack and shows ability to ward off defenders and keep play alive. Does a nice job of extending play when breaking contain and throws accurately on the run to both sides. Has enough speed to pick up first-down yardage with his feet.

1 = Exceptional 2 = Above average 3 = Average 4 = Below average 5 = Marginal

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/27028/blaine-gabbert

Last edited by a moderator:
I think nfl network or maybe even espn had charlie casserly on and he said gabbert is more than likely a top ten pick.... so I should probably get the idea of landing him out of my head....no???

I think nfl network or maybe even espn had charlie casserly on and he said gabbert is more than likely a top ten pick.... so I should probably get the idea of landing him out of my head....no???

Gabbert won't be there for Miami

Back
Top Bottom