QB Blaine Gabbert, Missouri | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB Blaine Gabbert, Missouri

Very nice and thorough writeup. I really appreciate the details in your scouting reports. If Miami can't trade down and get additional draft picks, I can see them "reaching" a bit on a quarterback such as Blaine Gabbert. They may not want to wait to see what's available in the third round. That said, your report on T.J. Yates makes me think he should be the target. Where do you see Yates being drafted and how do you compare him with Ricky Stanzi and Pat Devlin?

Ck, so far i'm more impressed with stanzi, this guy is suppose to be the second best qb in the draft? seriously? Wow i've seen average arm strength, questionable ball placement, pre-read throws, his size doesn't even seem that impressive. He had a QB draw down by the goal line area and seemed to trip before he even got to the LOS, can you say john avery or tedd ginn.
However,he does seem calm but somewhat mechanical in his motion. i havent noticed much progression in his throws were he looks seems to be where he throws. I'll keep watching but so-far nothing about the guy stands-out to me.

The guy is 16 of 21 for like 206 yards and he's been throwing strikes at 25 and 30 yard depth all night. You're WAY off on this one.

Trade down, do what it takes to get blackmon and gabbert, get a new offensive coordinator and sign logan mankins. Id be a happy camper. I really like Gabbert

He is deadly accurate on these short to intermediate routes and gives his man room after the catch, hes mobile, GREAT size, big arm with no deep threat. (im not a good scout so take with grain of salt =])

The guy is 16 of 21 for like 206 yards and he's been throwing strikes at 25 and 30 yard depth all night. You're WAY off on this one.
I will correct myself on a few points

1. He has a strong arm...i certainly see it now
2. He stares his intended receiver down, very few progression throws
3. He looks terrible trying to scramble or evade pressure.

CK is right..that kid has the goods...

I will correct myself on a few points

1. He has a strong arm...i certainly see it now
2. He stares his intended receiver down, very few progression throws
3. He looks terrible trying to scramble or evade pressure.

Are we watching the same game?

To CK, Hoops and Slimm,

on behalf of all moronic Dolphin fans that work 50+ hour weeks and have families - thank you very much for your insight into the '11 draft. i do not have time to read all the other cookie cutter analysis on other sites. please keep up the good work for the next 120+ days until the draft.
cheers
You're absolutely right. This is the place to go for the best analysis on the draft. Agree and thank you to CK, Hoops, Slimm and others who are very detailed in their analysis.

Thanks.

Couple things so far in this game. For one thing look at the speed of Gabbert's footwork and drops, he knows he's playing for scouts tonight. He's giving extra.

Another thing, you're seeing a lot of the stuff I've been talking about. Bad deep vertical accuracy. But, good accuracy short and intermediate. He can avoid disaster when things go wrong, as they did on that fumbled exchange with Moe. You're also seeing some of the aspects of the offense that hold him back a little. No deep speed, bad shotgun snaps, constant tinkering with Wildcat type plays that don't work...

Damn..he would feel right at home with the Dolphins.

No i dont think he is watching the same game, this kid is just Wow!

this is very interesting so far the only thing i've been wrong about and admitted to was his arm strength

Does he

1) Stare his intended receiver down more than making progressions or manipulating with his eyes/head movement..absolutely!
2) When theirs pressure in the pocket, seems flat footed unable to move fluidly...So far yes!

Tell me, how i'm i so off on these insights?

Gabbert is playing lights out right now. He can make every throw including touch throws and he's got that competitive fire. Looks like an early 1st rounder.

Gabbert looks way better than Stanzi. I like his mobility and ability to run when things break down as well as having him run a designed quarterback keeper up the middle. He looks calm in the pocket and doesn't get happy feet. McShay has him as the #2 QB if he comes out. Definitely someone to look at in the first round.

Back
Top Bottom