Qb Busts. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Qb Busts.

Aqua Marino (UK)

Active Roster
Reaction score
Hi apologies if in the wrong section and mods feel free to move.

Saw an older article today listing the top 50 QB busts. Some names on there I had forgot like JP Losman amongst others. The popular opinion still seems to have Ryan Leaf as the biggest bust at QB of all time?

What are your thoughts on this? Which QB's shocked you they didn't fulfil their promise?

Is Beck one of the worst pick ups for the Fins? Who do you think might end up being a bust at QB from the upcoming draft?

RT went round 1 ahead of Russell Wilson who is elite. All this tanking talk but you can never be sure the RD 1 guy is THE guy. Hopefully the assistant GM who's got a good scouting record can help us secure a genuine franchise QB.

I still remember the Manning/Leaf draft well. Jeez that guy turned out to be an asshole. Ryan Leaf wasn't a great guy either.

I guess Matt Leinert is the biggest round 1 wasted talent in recent years based on what I expected. Jamarcus Russell is probably the biggest bust compared to the hype coming in.

Pay guys before they do anything and some like Russell and Leaf decide to do nothing. Pat White tried but almost got killed doing it because he was undersized.
I hope some of the new leagues starting up pay players for winning... Like it should be

I wouldn't call George a bust. He put up decent numbers...short of expectations, yes. I saw him when he was with Atlanta play the Raiders in LA (same week as when Lisa 'Left Eye' Lopes torched Andre Risons mansion) and I've never seen anybody throw a ball that effortlessly. Not Marino, not Elway, not Montana. I've seen 'em all. Watching him in warm-ups alone was worth the price of a ticket.

I wouldn't call George a bust. He put up decent numbers...short of expectations, yes. I saw him when he was with Atlanta play the Raiders in LA (same week as when Lisa 'Left Eye' Lopes torched Andre Risons mansion) and I've never seen anybody throw a ball that effortlessly. Not Marino, not Elway, not Montana. I've seen 'em all. Watching him in warm-ups alone was worth the price of a ticket.
No one can throw it like Uncle Rico.

Art Schlister may have been a bigger bust than Leaf. What about Brady Quinn or Johnny Football.

You have to get it right and it’s tough. I’m learning that worse than having a bust is having a Dalton, Cousins, Rivers, Stafford, Mariota or Alex Smith. Guys where you think you may have a chance but really don’t and waste years on them.

Ej Manuel
Geno Smith
Kyle Petty
Peterman
Bortles
Kizer
Mancrap of Texas A and M fame

Back
Top Bottom