Qb Busts. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Qb Busts.

Tannehill is not a bust. Yeah, he's been very mediocre and inconsistent, but he's also played well at times and should not be labeled a bust.
Any QB that is “just good enough” to keep you hoping, and “just good enough” to keep you from moving on, while shitting the bed when it counts, is the WORST kind of QB bust you could possibly have.

That set us back 7 years and will leave us with dead cap.

Bust

Bust

Bust

Any QB that is “just good enough” to keep you hoping, and “just good enough” to keep you from moving on, while ****ting the bed when it counts, is the WORST kind of QB bust you could possibly have.

That set us back 7 years and will leave us with dead cap.

Bust

Bust

Bust
I understand your point, and I guess it's just a difference of opinion, but I don't consider a player that has played mediocre over an extended period of time as a bust. I consider a bust to be someone who was drafted early or signed to a big deal, and didn't amount to anything or was out of the league very quickly. But I agree with you that hanging on to a mediocre QB for too long just because you hope they turn into an elite QB will most likely set the franchise back quite a bit. Just for the record, I've been a Tannehill supporter and feel like he could have been a very good QB if put in the right situation. I agree it's time to move on from him, or at least groom the next QB behind him. Let's just not act like Tannehill is the only reason the Dolphins have been mediocre the last 7 years, there's been many more issues than just the QB.

Tannehill started for us for 6 years (would've been 7 without the injury). He got a second contract. Yeah, he didn't end up being the franchise qb we wanted, but he's far from a bust.

Dolphins first round busts are players like Devante Parker, Dion Jordan, Jason Allen, Ted Ginn Jr., Jamar Fletcher, John Avery, and Yatil Green.

I'd put Tannehill in the category with the likes of Pouncey and Ronnie Brown.
I was at the game when Ginn ran two in a row back vs the Jets. I can’t call him a bust just because I got to cheer and hoot and holler in front of all the a-hole jets fans that day. That one game was worth drafting him and his whole family!!!

I really thought Vince Young would be good, because I’ve never seen one player Dominate like he did in the National Title Game vs USC

I’d have to put RG3 into the top 5. He had that great 1st year, but the injury’s done him in. And when you give up the farm for a player, they need to have more than 1 year of good play.

Pay guys before they do anything and some like Russell and Leaf decide to do nothing. Pat White tried but almost got killed doing it because he was undersized.
I hope some of the new leagues starting up pay players for winning... Like it should be
I always said my solution to the money issue and how players are only focused on getting paid would be this:

Take everyone’s salary and divide by 2. The first half you get in your paycheck per normal on a weekly basis. The second half is in your check if the team wins.

So for instance take a player with a 16M salary.

He gets a gross of 1M a week. But under my scenario he gets 500K guaranteed by being on the roster and another 500K if the team wins.

A lesser paid guy making 640K a year on the same team gets 320K guaranteed or 20K weekly. He gets another 20K if the team wins.

Imagine this scenario and what NFL games would look like. You might actually see some players upset after games. Instead of what we get now which is basic indifference. “We just didn’t execute. We didn’t make enough plays. We just need to get back to work for next week.”

The difference would be significant.

QB is a high bust potential position. But it is also such an incredibly high reward potential position, that it gets drafted high if guys show any talent whatsoever. It is a projection most of the time, and to even get a shot at a projection you typically have to draft him high. The 5th year salary option tends to get more drafted in round 1 than they should, because if you hit on a QB, they're crazy expensive to re-sign, so that 5th year option becomes worth its weight in gold.

But the Dolphins have only drafted 3 QB's in the 1st round, HoF'er Bob Griese, HoF'er Dan Marino, and Ryan Tannehill. I'm hoping in 2020 we draft another one in the 1st round and he becomes a franchise QB.

QB is a high bust potential position. But it is also such an incredibly high reward potential position, that it gets drafted high if guys show any talent whatsoever. It is a projection most of the time, and to even get a shot at a projection you typically have to draft him high. The 5th year salary option tends to get more drafted in round 1 than they should, because if you hit on a QB, they're crazy expensive to re-sign, so that 5th year option becomes worth its weight in gold.

But the Dolphins have only drafted 3 QB's in the 1st round, HoF'er Bob Griese, HoF'er Dan Marino, and Ryan Tannehill. I'm hoping in 2020 we draft another one in the 1st round and he becomes a franchise QB.

If Tyler is there when we pick I say go for it. If he isn't the guy, we can try for Tua or Lawrence in the next 2 drafts. the Browns kept this up till they got Baker.

I'd argue that QB's outside the Top 10 should be expected to be situation-dependent. Because QB is such a valuable position, a fair number of those types are drafted in the Top 10. There are also just guys who just bust. The busts typically lack instincts, work ethic, accuracy, nimble feet, or some combination.

But, Goff serves as an excellent example of what a great situation can do for a QB who needs one. If Rosen receives a similar upgrade, he should make similar strides, but he's not quite as good imo. Haskins will likely go Top 10, but if he goes to a team that isn't able to consistently provide him a clean pocket, he'll likely be considered a bust. He's a good QB - like the other two in this paragraph - but he's limited.

If I'm drafting a QB in the Top 10, I want someone who can rise above his situation and make the offense better than it should be.

I would go with Marino

Yah he didn’t win the Sb so he is a bust too lol - people don’t understand the number of things that can wrong to disrupt a season let alone career

Dan brought it every Sunday - and we haven’t had that since Fieldler who tried his best with that piss poor body and he didn’t finish the deal either of course

See, I wouldn't label anyone a "bust" unless they're taken high in the first round and produce almost nothing.

JaMarcus Russell
Ryan Leaf
Andre Ware
Heath Shuler
Akili Smith

These would be my top five, and I'd argue that Andre Ware was an amazingly bad pick in the first place. The Fins have not drafted a QB even close to this level of bust.

Yah he didn’t win the Sb so he is a bust too lol - people don’t understand the number of things that can wrong to disrupt a season let alone career

Dan brought it every Sunday - and we haven’t had that since Fieldler who tried his best with that piss poor body and he didn’t finish the deal either of course

I'm thinking you didn't read his next post.

Back
Top Bottom