QB competition (not controversy) is what we need! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB competition (not controversy) is what we need!

Gladsadmad

Active Roster
Reaction score
Wannstedt has always said that competition at postitions is good for the team, but this has never really happened at QB. I don't know what will happen in the future just the the rest of us, but I now know one thing for sure. The Dolphins will have a nice QB battle for the 2004 season. People always call it a controversy, but I think that competition can only make the starter (be it Fiedler or Griese) a better player. With a base salary of 6 million for 2004, Griese will obviously get a shot to start before he is released for cap purposes. I know that Fiedler gives it 100 percent, but it's apparent now that he isn't a player that other teams fear and gameplan against. Maybe Griese isn't either, but he is another low risk-high reward player that could be the missing piece for the offense. When healthy and surrounded by healthy players, Griese was a Pro-Bowl talent. Fiedler has never approached that status.

I, for one, am happy we have another player who wants to be here to help us win the SB.

Back
Top Bottom