QB Controversy | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB Controversy

MARLINSFAN305

Practice Squad
Reaction score
After reading through all the comments here in the forums, i have come to the following: The Dolphins need to solve their QB right away with either a) proven veteran QB (like Brunell) and draft a QB to groom under him (like Rivers) OR b) trade for a 1 of several QB's in backup positions who have served their time as understudies and have shown to excel when given the ball. There are 2 QB's that i can think about that fall under this category: Tim Rattay, Billy Volek, and AJ Feeley. Let me be the first one to tell you that i feel Philip Rivers will be a good QB but some others have pointed out and with backup that the 1st year in the NFL is hard to adjust even if you are talented especiall when we are hungry to win now. Also, if we draft a QB i hope its not Losman. The guys character is to ****y and the guy didnt ever throw above 60% in college. Of all the QB's i've seen succeed that were drafted in the past couple of years, they at least achieved a 60% completion rating. Anything below that theres a decrase in chances of making it as a starter in the NFL (if you dont believe me, do some research guys). If they couldnt throw it accurate in college how are they going to do it in the NFL were the competition is much greater.

I have two things to say about that, First, you're right, we need a ready-to-play QB.

Back
Top Bottom