Qb day 1 = Rb day 2? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Qb day 1 = Rb day 2?

South Florida

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If we do go after Alex Smith 2nd overall, and we don't have a pick until 3rd (70), who believes that a Rb will be taken with that 70th overall?

I don't see anyone of interest being available.

I think Vernand Morency has all but slipped into the end of the first round and Arrington, Fason and Gore are gone by mid 2nd with Shelton off the board by the end of the 2nd.

This leaves us with nothing in the 3rd round where we will likely, instead, upgrade a different position with a player who slipped (ala Will Poole).

BUT...

It does leave us with options at getting a steal on day two.

Players with huge upsides:

Maurice Clarett
Darren Sproles
Ryan Moats
Jesse Lumsden

SO, if we go QB, are you guys cool with one of these players on the cheap cheap, or would you want to pick a back at 70?

And if so, who?

In my opinion, I'd take Clarett with our 4th, considering we have Alex Smith.

I'd take Sproles there too, though. He benched more than Ronnie Brown, Cadillac Williams, and Cedric Benson. So his size isn't everything.

Clarett with a 4th? No. I dont think we should even look at him. He is a cancer.

NYinBostonFin said:
Clarett with a 4th? No. I dont think we should even look at him. He is a cancer.

I wouldnt go so far as to say he is a cancer and would be rather happy if we got him late. Sure he dropped some dimes on some people at Ohio State but he was really young then and just lashing back at thinking he was getting the raw end of the deal. And if you read the article in ESPN then it seems his point of view wasnt that far off.

What about Marrion Barber with #70 or TA Mclendon. I htink we might go reciever there to be honest. Someone good will slide to us like Roscoe Parrish, Chris Henry, or Courtny Roby.

I like Roscoe Parrish at 70 if he slips to there.

I also don't really mind Marion Barber at 70, but I don't know much about him.

Still, I think Clarett has more upside than Barber or Mclendon.

Sproles does too.

And the fact that we can scoop them up on day 2, and in the 4th before any other team can think of it, is intriguing to me.

If I heard one of those two was our target on day 2, I'd be much more comfortable going away from Brown/Williams/Benson in round 1.

Clarett has no upside sorry...one decent college year thats it!

Sproles could be a diamond in the rough but many knack him for his size 5''5 3/8 and 180 lbs. hes a very small guy and probobly cant take more than 15 carries a game in the nfl

Clarett is a joke.He wont make it a hole season in the NFL.He got hurt in all most ever game he played in at OSU.I hope we are not even thinking about takeing him.Clarett is Cecil Collins reborn.If we draft Clarett and u live in Miami u better make sure u have your windows locked.

if we take Smith, I would like either Fason or Parrish at #70.

Back
Top Bottom