QB Depth Chart for 2004 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB Depth Chart for 2004

phinphanbill

Practice Squad
Reaction score
With all the talk about a veteran QB and the need to unload the contracts of Griese and Fiedler to aid our salary cap sitation - would anyone be surprised to see the Dolphins QB depth chart resemble something like what I have below when they report for camp in August? I know there has been a lot of talk about the Brunells, Gannons and Kitnas, but they would be costly.

1st - Sage Rosenfels

2nd - Clint Stoerner (veteran QB was quietly signed to a 2004 contract just two weeks ago)

3rd - rookie (Ricky Ray, draft pick - Philip Rivers) - could move up to #2 or #1 by the end of camp.

If the Dolphins are happy with the progress of Sage, this could fit into the "win now" demands of Mr. H. Think about it first, but I'd like to hear your thoughts on this one.

Yes I would be surprised, this team/ownership is gonna try to win now....not wait for a QB to be groomed....and your whole thing relies upon the Fish bein happy with Sage....I have seen/heard nothing like that out of Fish Camp....if your senario plays out....i see a 5-11 or 6-10 season ahead.

Id se more of a

1. Brunell wont be that costly he wants to come to miami

2. Rivers may be great one day has the potential or maybe a bust who knows

3. Sage as he proved last year he is an accomplished clipboard holder

Sage is a RFA as well so if he was capable of being a #1 QB and we tender him at less than a #1 pick, he w/b gone...

I expect us to sign a vet QB or keep Fiedler cause as has been said Wayne wants to win now

Originally posted by FinaticPatch
Id se more of a

I agree. NO WAY sage is ready, perhaps not ever. That is why he is 3rd on the charts, why he was 3rd behind mucas and why the team felt the need to go out and get a good backup last year. What makes anyone think the executives are ready to put Sage anywhere near the starting lineup?

Originally posted by phinphanbill
With all the talk about a veteran QB and the need to unload the contracts of Griese and Fiedler to aid our salary cap sitation - would anyone be surprised to see the Dolphins QB depth chart resemble something like what I have below when they report for camp in August? I know there has been a lot of talk about the Brunells, Gannons and Kitnas, but they would be costly.

1st - Sage Rosenfels

2nd - Clint Stoerner (veteran QB was quietly signed to a 2004 contract just two weeks ago)

3rd - rookie (Ricky Ray, draft pick - Philip Rivers) - could move up to #2 or #1 by the end of camp.

If the Dolphins are happy with the progress of Sage, this could fit into the "win now" demands of Mr. H. Think about it first, but I'd like to hear your thoughts on this one.

ya know, i dont see how we are going to afford anyone at this point. i think clumpy may have been right. we just may be in cap hell. i wouldnt mind this at all to be honest. i wouldnt mind going 1-15 and start selling the house. I just do not see how we can compete with new england and there draft picks and our cap like it is. Im not even pretending that we will get Brunell. i dont know where everyone is coming up with the money other than restructuring everyones contract. and you know damn well, alot of guys wont do that. Madison is way way overpaid. that contract stinks to high heaven and you can thank JJ for that one.

Originally posted by FinaticPatch
Id se more of a

yeah brunell will only cost us like 1.5 mil a year. :lol: :lol: :lol: if your saying 4 mil/year is cheap, i would say you dont know what the hell your talking about. we dont have the money. plain and simple.

If Ricky Ray comes to Miami, he will be the starter. Alot of teams are looking at him and his CFL team won the Gray Cup. The CFL is a pass happy league, so the guy can wing the ball. Judging from the newspaper (the Herald) Ray is a good possibility down here.

Back
Top Bottom