QB Draft Review on Peter King's MMQB | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB Draft Review on Peter King's MMQB

MDFINFAN said:
It took him 5 hours of film tape to find out what I've felt all along, Campbell can be special at the next level...wonderlic scores,,my my, a football player is a football player, I've said over and over, he's learned 4 O's in 4 seasons, that's all I need to know. 31-8, with his senior undefeated. It doesn' t take a rocket science to figure out the kid can play. BTW, on the thread with Scal, rogers playin LSU, I hope Saban runs a better pro Defense than he did at LSU, most QB's in the NFL will play above Roger's college level and rogers was having a field day on LSU...Now I'm concerned. The reason is, Saban said he used a NFL style draft board to recruit players, if his secondary was the result, I'm not sure he's the man that should have final say on personnel.

Having a quarterback with a good brain is pretty darn important, there have been many college phenoms with great physical attributes that lack those intangibles in their head to win in the NFL, if Campbell is that dense I'll pass on him.

BlueFin said:
Having a quarterback with a good brain is pretty darn important, there have been many college phenoms with great physical attributes that lack those intangibles in their head to win in the NFL, if Campbell is that dense I'll pass on him.

Yea, right, tell that to Terry Bradshaw and B. Farve..I want dumb QB's like that..

e. The New York Times calls Drew Barrymore "impossibly beautiful." What am I missing here? Pretty nice-looking woman. Good at her craft. But Grace Kelly was "impossibly beautiful.'' Halle Berry and Penelope Cruz, you could argue, are "impossibly beautiful.'' Drew Barrymore is "cute, in a girl-next-door kind of way.''

:couch:

I'm surprised there's nothing on McPherson. He may end up being someone's second round pick, and there seems like there should be enough footage from the AFL to form an opinion.

touborg said:
Barrymore is definately a good late round pick. If we trade with KC for Surtain, I'd love to get her in the 2nd round. We could sign a veteran like Cindy Crawford to help her out and then start Drew next year.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

You can't look at any of the players this year (well, maybe Brown, the 233-pound brute who can outrun the most gifted cornerbacks) and say, "Now there's the first pick of the draft.''

:D

It was interesting how many times he singled out Brown and placed him above all the other draft picks.

beejay05 said:
I didnt realize how big Cambell was. I am going ot be high on him for a week untill another article rolls through this board.

After I heard how strong of an arm he has and how big he is the only thing that flustered me being high on Campbell was McPherson but the novelty of McPherson wore off and I still want Campbell. He wasn't the best QB in college but I think he will translate really well into the pros. :cooldude:

Dolfan2788 said:
After I heard how strong of an arm he has and how big he is the only thing that flustered me being high on Campbell was McPherson but the novelty of McPherson wore off and I still want Campbell. He wasn't the best QB in college but I think he will translate really well into the pros. :cooldude:

I actually think he's better than the 2 highly trouted QB's out there right now. I'd choose Campbell at #2. He's a sleeping giant, (media and hype wise), he'll end up on someones roster who won't need a qb, but will have great security with him in the wings. If he gets on a team that can give him a year to develope and then play him, he will take over, can you say franchise QB.

Back
Top Bottom