Qb Easton Stick Footage | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Qb Easton Stick Footage

Think about it...Gardner wanted...wanted to come to Bama to be a back up....If you have real talent,who wants to be a back up?

Somewhere that wanted him as a player? Yeah. Exactly right. He knew teams weren't really all that interested in him as a player. And he knew the NFL didn't want him as a player, either...hence his considering going to Bama to get on track to be a GA as soon as his eligibility was done.

Just trying to help you get back on track

Just trying to help you get back on track

Sounds like your trying to bait C.K.....Listen..I sort of get ,dumping on Easton Stick,but using Gardner Minshew as your counterpoint is...
well..the equal of saying "Oh,you think thats silly? Hold my beer,watch this"!

Sounds like your trying to bait C.K.....Listen..I sort of get ,dumping on Easton Stick,but using Gardner Minshew as your counterpoint is...
well..the equal of saying "Oh,you think thats silly? Hold my beer,watch this"!

No, just not going to get into a pissing match over opinion. I see on tape what I think is worthy of a 4th rd pick for Minshew. I wouldn’t waste my time on Stick...not hours of writing and definitely not years of following him like CK apparently has. In the right system, Minschew would be an intriguing pick. The NFL is going toward his style of play. A coach like Payton in NO would get the most out of him. I like what he does in the passing game. He’s more accurate than many scouts give him credit. But the rest is really matter of opinion.

Let’s revisit this one real quick! Stick may have had the slightly better preseason, but Minschew already getting his chance and he shined! Always said, he’d put up big numbers passing and he didn’t disappoint in limited action.

Think about it...Gardner wanted...wanted to come to Bama to be a back up....If you have real talent,who wants to be a back up?

Starting QB for the Jacksonville Jaguars! This is great! Maybe you should start listening to me more than CK!

Love and think the world of CK...don’t know who the f you are..but let’s see what Gardner does against a team that gameplans for him..He’ll,I’m pulling for Gardner..but ,let’s not get ahead of ourselves..

Kudos to JahnDho on Gardner Minshew's performance this weekend. That's a stunning amount of success for a rookie in his debut. I guess we'll see if he can keep it up. I hope he does, for Miami's sake.

Love and think the world of CK...don’t know who the f you are..but let’s see what Gardner does against a team that gameplans for him..He’ll,I’m pulling for Gardner..but ,let’s not get ahead of ourselves..

I never said he’d be the next top QB, just that out of the developmental type QBs, what I saw on film and read, that I’d take Minschew. Also, that CKs love affair for Stick was a waste. When I said Minschew was the better guy, everyone scoffed and backed CK’s analysis of Stick.

Kudos to JahnDho on Gardner Minshew's performance this weekend. That's a stunning amount of success for a rookie in his debut. I guess we'll see if he can keep it up. I hope he does, for Miami's sake.

Looked good against Chiefs, Titans, Texans and now Denver...smh. Not looking for praise either. Just bringing it back up because I got razzed for saying he’d have been my choice over Stick.

Most people typically look for rookie QB's to get better as they gain more experience. I think Minshew is going to be one of those cases where the more he plays, the worse it's going to be in the long run. He's too limited physically and already old for a rookie. Once Minshew Mania and all that type of stuff is done, I think reality sets in once again.

I hope not though. That is one great character to pull for.

I'm not high on Minshew for many of the reasons Slimm mentioned. However, there is no question that JahnDho is correct when he says the league is moving toward that style of play and rewarding that style of play.

I don't really care about these smaller school pocket types who are moderately accurate and moderately clever and moderately athletic. NFL defenses still clamp down on those guys. They fade into irrelevance.

But if you have someone who can sense pressure and instinctively duck out of there to extend the play and take advantage of the newly altered play, now you have something, especially if the quarterback has ideal touch. NFL offensive lines are dreadful all over the place so that type of improvisation is vital.

Basically everything that Ryan Tannehill could not threaten to do. Yesterday Josh Rosen was clever enough to break free several times and suddenly was in that favorable mode of running slowly toward the sideline just behind the line of scrimmage. Now the defense is in a jam. If you've got receivers who can adjust to aid the quarterback, and a patient quarterback who makes the correct decision, suddenly the successful permutations explode. Unfortunately Rosen is only moderate in that role and none of the Miami receivers know how to help him. They hesitate and drift instead of aggressively creating the ideal new window.

Most people typically look for rookie QB's to get better as they gain more experience. I think Minshew is going to be one of those cases where the more he plays, the worse it's going to be in the long run. He's too limited physically and already old for a rookie. Once Minshew Mania and all that type of stuff is done, I think reality sets in once again.

I hope not though. That is one great character to pull for.

Truth is, I agree with all of this. I'm enjoying what he's doing. But I do think his success has got a lit fuse on the end of it.

NFL offensive lines are dreadful all over the place...

Boy ain't that the truth!

NFL needs to allow steroids only for

OL! Get some dudes like Tony Mandarich

and Dave Rimington back in the game!

OL can't compete without some juice!

Back
Top Bottom