QB in round 1 = Rebuilding | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB in round 1 = Rebuilding

i hope somebody in the top 10-15 signs ogun, then the finz can take rivers at #20 after acquiring a bookend-either gallery or andrews with the high pick, then trade those two 3rd's for a 2nd and draft maybe Lee Evans or Mikey Jenkins or some other available good wideout. they shoulda hired me as gm, right? ;)

Originally posted by Gatorman
Although I like the talk of getting a QB in the first round, does it make sense based on our timetable?

We want to WIN NOW according to Wayne and a QB in the first round does not lend itself to that theory. If we get an extra 1st rounder due to wally leaving, then I can see it. If not OL and WR seem to be better impact positions to draft than QB for the here and now.

Take into account that FA wrs never do well the first year they change teams and it seems to me the safer and more traditional play would be to get an experienced QB in FA (Brunell, Rattay, KITNA, etc) as well as a RT and a G, then load up on WR and Linemen in the draft. I'd use a first day pick (round 3 or later) on a QB, but to use a RD 1 player for the future type pick only means that rebuilding mode has begun.

In My mind, we need to restructure Madison to a lower salary, bonus Zack, JT, and Surtain to open up cap room, and then sign a bunch of offensive guys along the line and as a signal caller. Go into the draft to pick 2 WRs, a RT or G of the future (late) and some ST/Depth guys on Day 2.

If Wally is gone, I'd say all bets are off. Use the #1's for a QB and a WR/OL. Use the #3 for WR and OL and go from there. The only thing I ask is that whoever we get has a strong enough arm to throw the ball in New England, Buffalo, and/or the Meadowlands in December.

That is all.

Gator

Why do you think we have a new GM? And still have Wanny?

Let me say, your not alone. MANY people have bought into this "we' have a time window" crap.

We have a window of oppertunity to win....with this defense. We had a time window to win with Marino, then immediately following his departure with his defense, and NOW we have a time window with this defense.

There is ALWAYS a time window,w e just have to make it happen. Want to know why Wayne kept Wanny? He kept Wanny he's not ready to give up on this defense..but he took away his GM privilages becuse he's not giving up on our future either.

Think about it. Dan HAS to win, or he's gone. So he kept the best man for the job. The guy who HAS to win. Yet he's not letting that guy be GM. Doing so, would allow him to get "win now" players. THAT would hurt us for years to come. So he gave Spielmen the GM position, sHE can plan for the future.

Yes, the future. The only time window we have is one to get Zack a ring. To draft "win now" players would be detremental to the future of our team. We have a YOUNG great offense in Chambers, mcMichael, Ricky, and Smith. That's a great foundation to build on. We'll NEED that to fall back on int 203 years when our defense starts to fall apart. It won't collapse, but we're deffinetly going to lose the talent.

That's why we NEED to draft a QB now. So their ready to go in 2 years to lead the young offense. THAT is the future of this team. Our defense is gone in 2 years, we'll need soemting to fall back on...

Back
Top Bottom