QB in round 2? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB in round 2?

scottieUK

Starter
Reaction score
If KC give Miami their 2nd for Surtain, would you like Miami to pick a QB? Don Banks on SI.com says that Jason Campbell`s (Auburn) draft stock in rising and he also singles out McPherson.

I wouldn`t be against either of these guys. I know Miami has many needs but nearly every Super Bowl winner has an excellent/great QB. I have my doubts about A.J. I know he needs time, but, I have doubts. Campbell or McPherson could prove to be excellent picks a couple of years down the line. I`d like to see Miami trade the number two pick but if they don`t get a good offer then picking Ronnie Brown would be my preference.

Any views on Campbell? I know McPherson has been discussed already.

I love them both.

Campbell was very up and down at Auburn and really came good his senior year. I really want this guy... Ronnie in the first, JC in the second and Roscoe Parrish in the third... that my dream draft at the moment. I also feel that having been team mates Ronnie and Campbell would settle in together.

Jason Campbell has very much been described as a boom or bust QB... either very good or very bad. If we draft him, or any other QB, they'll be riding the pine for a year. He could be our Daunte Culpepper - he's at 6'5 230lbs, and is very athletic. His decision making has been poor, but he did lead a 12-0 team last year.

McPherson is just a flat out athlete. I'd be thrilled with either of these guys tbh.

Id be excited over either of those QBs coming to Miami. In my mock i have MCpherson going mid-late 3rd but after his workout for a few NFL teams everyone is saying hes gonna get swiped in 2-3. I thinkn Adrian is worth a 2nd round pick but there is alot of controversy swirling still. Id say if Jason Campbell is there Miami needs to jump on that chance. He would bring long term value to the organization and not to mention we would finally have a QB who can scramble. The Question really is who has more potential? The safe bet is obviously campbell but Mcpherson could be great in the nfl.

What do you think Saban is thinking? I`d love either of these QB`s but I`m not so sure that Saban will pick one. It`ll be a shame coz I really feel that one of these two guys would be a fantastic pick.

KingPhin05 said:
Id be excited over either of those QBs coming to Miami. In my mock i have MCpherson going mid-late 3rd but after his workout for a few NFL teams everyone is saying hes gonna get swiped in 2-3. I thinkn Adrian is worth a 2nd round pick but there is alot of controversy swirling still. Id say if Jason Campbell is there Miami needs to jump on that chance. He would bring long term value to the organization and not to mention we would finally have a QB who can scramble. The Question really is who has more potential? The safe bet is obviously campbell but Mcpherson could be great in the nfl.
My first mock, that I did last week was:

1) Ronnie Brown
3) Adrian McPherson
4) Wesley Britt
5) Junior Rosegreen
7) Albert Means

However... with it now looking like we will get #46, I'd change it to:

1) Ronnie Brown
2) Jason Campbell
3) Roscoe Parrish
4) Wesley Britt
5) Junior Rosegreen
7) Albert Means

although I think that Antajj Hawthorne would be a nice pick up at #46 as well.

scottieUK said:
What do you think Saban is thinking? I`d love either of these QB`s but I`m not so sure that Saban will pick one. It`ll be a shame coz I really feel that one of these two guys would be a fantastic pick.
I wo9uld guess that he's thinking Alex Smith or David Greene, tbh. A bright, winning QB that is 'should' succeed in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom