Qb Jake Rudock Of Weston Excited To Compete | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Qb Jake Rudock Of Weston Excited To Compete

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
GettyImages-1018394446-e1547313413314.jpg

God, I hope this doesn't become like the situation in Denver with Trevor Simenon. I never understood how he got thrust into the spotlight or how they thought he could be a viable starting QB. Jake is not the answer at QB and I just hope the coaching staff does not think he is, but if they are really trying to land a QB in 2020, this would be they way to go.

One of the first players Chris Grier signed when he ascended to control all Dolphins football operations was quarterback Jake Rudock.

It went a bit under the radar, but depending on who the Dolphins sign or draft in the coming months, Rudock, who grew up in Weston and played at Fort Lauderdale-St. Thomas Aquinas, Iowa and Michigan, may have a chance to compete to play.

“The Dolphins have always been his team,” said Ken Mastrole, Rudock’s personal quarterbacks coach. “Detroit wanted him back. But there were a lot of teams that liked him. He’s excited.”

Rudock, 26, has thrown only five passes since he was a sixth-round pick of the Lions in 2016. But Dolphins assistant head coach and quarterbacks coach Jim Caldwell was head coach of Detroit when Rudock was selected.

“Jake is one of those guys that I think improves and improves daily,” Caldwell said. “He works extremely hard. He’s smart. I’m excited about seeing him now.”
https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sport...s-qb-jake-rudock-of-weston-excited-to-compete

Last edited:
If it's between him and Falk I think Falk is/was a better prospect. Close to 70% completion % in collage and was a winner. Spanked Darnald his senior yr

You need at least 4 QB's for camp. Nothing to see here. They should all be competing for a back up job in 2020

Yes he does have some potential, this is kinda like I was hoping to pull out of the draft in round 2 through 4. Anything beyond round 4 is an acorn.

maybe Caldwell must think he can play. he was not going start in DET anyway.

He’s Played for Michigan and is from Ft. Lauderdale. Local guy and has played for the owners alma mater. At the very least hopefully he can be a decent backup.

I'm sure he's excited. For the record, I have little faith he will become a decent NFL starting QB. But I'm all for giving him a shot to lead the Titanic into Tankdom in 2019.

I'm sure he's excited. For the record, I have little faith he will become a decent NFL starting QB. But I'm all for giving him a shot to lead the Titanic into Tankdom in 2019.
we ust need that Curtis painter ceiling and we are all systems go

As for tanking! :nuke:

Fish tanks are for Goldfish.
Goldfish < lemmings.

This post makes me want to hide. :shame:

Back
Top Bottom