QB not the answer | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB not the answer

fishbanger said:
Let me think for a minute. Feeley, Smith, Feeley, Smith, Feeley, Smith?

AHHHHHHHHHH? HMMMMM? Whats our Depth chart say? How many playoff wins do the Dolphin QBs have? How many Quality QBs are available via draft or FA?

How many pro bowl RBs do exisitng teams want to get tid of? How deep is the RB class?

SABAN Knows!

I would stay with Feeley. He has just as much potential as Smith or Rodgers and Feeley already has a year of experience with the fins. With a new head coach, offensive philosophy, and a new oline coach, Feeley has the tools with time to be a quality QB. Are best option to improve this offense is to draft a top RB.

It's not about where you take the Qb, it's about having an elite Qb in the NFL now IMO. McNair was a great Qb, he did win Co-MVP 2 seasons ago. I believe the top 2 teams in the AFC were Indy and New England, and the NFC it was Atl and Philly, so saying a team can win in spite of a QB I believe is inaccurate.

ih8brady said:
That being said, if you want to improve your passing game(what did we rank last season in passing/TD:INT-last?), then you need a good, hopefully franchise, QB

i agree, getting a real franchise qb is the first step towards us being a legitiamate contender.

zackattack54 said:
For those clamoring for Miami to take Smith/Rodgers if they keep the #2 pick -

Dan Marino (IMO) the best QB ever 1SB - 0 wins, Manning 0,0.

Look at the QB's that have won or taken their teams to the SB lately
J Delhomme, B Johnson, T Dilfer, S McNair, R Gannon, etc. etc.

You can't tell me that ANY of those QB's are in either Marino or Mannings League as a QB. - Not even close.

Actually, without contradicting myself those QB's may be closer to A Smith/ Rodgers but NOT AT #2.

Oh and Elway didn't win 'til he got a running game.

That is a rediculous statement. With Marino and Griese (bob) we are one of the winningest franchises in sports. With Marino you knew you could win any game against any opponent period. Remember the 1985 bears. I went into that game (watching it) knowing my qb could pull it off. Well my friend, I dont get that feeling with jay f or AJ or Gus f or tim r. I want that feeling back again. I want a freakin stud franchise QB. Can i get an amen.... :rawk:

HelloMotto said:
That is a rediculous statement. With Marino and Griese (bob) we are one of the winningest franchises in sports. With Marino you knew you could win any game against any opponent period. Remember the 1985 bears. I went into that game (watching it) knowing my qb could pull it off. Well my friend, I dont get that feeling with jay f or AJ or Gus f or tim r. I want that feeling back again. I want a freakin stud franchise QB. Can i get an amen.... :rawk:

AMEN!!! :D

tartan y fronts said:
look at this way.... who's more capable of carrying a team - a great QB or a great RB?

Well we tried the runningback (ricky) and we had some winning seasons but no superbowl. I am ready for the qb. Thats the great thing about football though it has to be a collective effort.

Someone needs to tell ricky to come back, he could be one of the best rb's ever in the NFL.

zackattack54 said:

You can't tell me that ANY of those QB's are in either Marino or Mannings League as a QB. - Not even close.

Actually, without contradicting myself those QB's may be closer to A Smith/ Rodgers but NOT AT #2.

I agree, draft RONNIE BROWN!!!!!!!!!

Just a thought, but I just wonder if RW would consider coming back if he knew we took the QB position serious and not as an afterthought like we did with Jay Fiedler and a 3rd sting QB for a second round pick? :rolleyes: :dunno:

HelloMotto said:

I would rather have the feeling the fans of the 85 Bears had - that their team was dominant and going to win the Super Bowl. They did it with an overpowering defense, powerful running game, and a good, not great QB. Granted, that's not the only formula for a SB win.

A freakin stud franchise QB is nice to have, but that doesn't mean you can automatically get one with the #2 in the draft.

we need another QB, we can't bank on Feeley working out although I'm not in favor of taking a QB at #2 overall

normally When you draft this high you have to seriously consider drafting a QB but this is not the year you may get a QB who may be just as good or of slightly less talent in the 2nd or 3rd round...that being said if we do grab one at 2 I'd give saban the benefit of the doubt (unlike our last HC)

zackattack54 said:

Ok, first of all Dilfer and McNair were high first round picks.

Second, Dilfer and B Johnson rode two of the three greatest defenses in NFL history, you cannot rely on having one of the top defenses ever when picking a player for the most important position on the field.

Gannon and Delhomme didn't win Superbowls, Marino got as far as they did with a lesser team around him.

The fact is half the Superbowls have been won by quarterbacks drafted high in the first round, sure, its possible to find a QB later in the draft, but your odds of finding a good quarterback are much better high in the first round than anywhere else.

Finally, you don't know how good those two QB's will be from this draft, its impossible for you too generalize them the way you do.

Back
Top Bottom