QB not the answer | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB not the answer

zackattack54

Finatic 24/7
Reaction score
For those clamoring for Miami to take Smith/Rodgers if they keep the #2 pick -

Dan Marino (IMO) the best QB ever 1SB - 0 wins, Manning 0,0.

Look at the QB's that have won or taken their teams to the SB lately
J Delhomme, B Johnson, T Dilfer, S McNair, R Gannon, etc. etc.

You can't tell me that ANY of those QB's are in either Marino or Mannings League as a QB. - Not even close.

Actually, without contradicting myself those QB's may be closer to A Smith/ Rodgers but NOT AT #2.

Oh and Elway didn't win 'til he got a running game.

That being said, if you want to improve your passing game(what did we rank last season in passing/TD:INT-last?), then you need a good, hopefully franchise, QB

zackattack54 said:

You can't tell me that ANY of those QB's are in either Marino or Mannings League as a QB. - Not even close.

Actually, without contradicting myself those QB's may be closer to A Smith/ Rodgers but NOT AT #2.

Good point. Apparently having a good QB is a recipe for disaster in the NFL. We should stick with our current strategy of clinging to the hope that other players on our team will be able to overcome the poor performances of our immobile and inaccurate second day QBs. We've got to steer clear of highly ranked QBs that have shown they can throw a football accurately to the correct team.

Yea but Dilfer was taken high. That said they havent taken their teams back since.

what did we rank in rushing yrds per game? how terrible was the O-line?

Dont forget Tom Brady won a superbowl with Kevin Faulk
These r Patriots formula for success: Elite qb, Elite Defense, Elite Coaching 3 superbowls in 4 years aint bad :/

If chambers had Marino he be Marvin Harrison by now
Its time to throw the football like the Marino years no more of this running the football Wanndstatt crap. Ricky had almost 400 carries 2003! Hes only human for crying out loud :tongue:

Football is a TEAM sport.Marino never had the team to win a superbowl.Barry Sanders is the best Rb ever IMO and he never won a ring.Does this mean we shouldnt draft a Rb with our 1st round pick?

zackattack54 said:

Brady is a great QB and he has 3 rings, Montana was great and has 4 . . . . . .

bottomline is you need a WHOLE TEAM to win, being QB a key position

zackattack54 said:

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight. Perhaps you should form a complete thought before posting a new thread? I think so. :D Drafting a QB at#2 has nothing to do with what you rambled about. I enjoyed reading it though.

the reason for that is because usually the team picking a QB with a high pick has a new or pathetic team to surround the QB with. they invest a lot of money in a high drafted QB, and when the QB starts winning sooner than later, they aren't in a good place to draft additional talent in the next few drafts. such was the case with marino and manning. the colts haven't had a high draft pick since edgerrin james (the year after manning was picked). they haven't been in place to draft defensive talent, and have also sunk a TON of money into manning -- taking them out of the FA race.

marino had a better chance early in his career, but it got a worse and worse as the team and marino kept up the winning seasons.

good point, but teams have always and will continue to draft qbs high. everyone wants a franchise qb. when a teams see's they can snatch one, they usually do.

Let me think for a minute. Feeley, Smith, Feeley, Smith, Feeley, Smith?

AHHHHHHHHHH? HMMMMM? Whats our Depth chart say? How many playoff wins do the Dolphin QBs have? How many Quality QBs are available via draft or FA?

How many pro bowl RBs do exisitng teams want to get tid of? How deep is the RB class?

SABAN Knows!

pick up anthony thomas and draft alex smith

Phin19 said:
Brady is a great QB and he has 3 rings, Montana was great and has 4 . . . . . .

bottomline is you need a WHOLE TEAM to win, being QB a key position

Exactly, a great QB alone wont win it for you but it is still essential to have competency if not greatness from your QB.

ih8brady said:
That being said, if you want to improve your passing game(what did we rank last season in passing/TD:INT-last?), then you need a good, hopefully franchise, QB

You have to look at why we did so bad last year and it wasn't all Feeley fault. If our oline new how to hold a block or run a play correctly, Feeley would have had more time to make the right reads and throws. Look at the end of last season when the oline started to come together, Feeley performance was much better. Plus, you can't expect a rookie QB that Feeley was to perform like Marino. Look at Manning, he threw 28 Ints in his first year and has thrown 15+ for the first five years. Drafting a QB is not the answer as we have more need in other areas as RB, DT, LB, S, OL, and WR. I would look at a QB more in the middle to late rounds to compete with Sage, maybe someone like McPherson.

Back
Top Bottom