QB or OL in the 3rd? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB or OL in the 3rd?

fiedler fan..jk

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Say that we dont trade down and take a rb with the #2 overall. In the third round, would you rather take a qb like McPherson or someone on the o-line like Wilkerson or address a different position?

If McPherson were still there in the 3rd round I would take him in a heartbeat!!

Really depends on if we get a second for Pat, I'd love to take B.Wilkerson
in the third.

Wilkerson is a 4th rounder. He hasn't done much because of injury, and a lot of guys have improved stock.

If we go RB, I would like McPherson in the 3rd. If not him in the 3rd, then Greene in the 4th.

Anything that is replyed is highly speculative...I say wait and see how the draft plays out there may be some players that might start slipping or teams may get desparate and start reaching for players to fill specific needs...

McPherson. Saban has already said that Houck will work with what we have. Allthough that doesn't mean we won't draft OL, it sends a signal that it might not recieve the same attention it did last year.

cowtowndick said:
Kyle Orton in the third
:lol: Ah man thats good stuff, you should try comedy, seriously.

I made this thread when Purdue was undefeated this year and Orton was the top candidate for the heisman....

Check the prediction, everyone pegged him as first round talent and I thought he would be no higher than 2nd round talent after the season.... I was close.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=52886&highlight=orton

Walter in the 3rd, Wilkerson in the 4th, Marviel Underwood in the 5th and DL or LB in the 7th, plenty of UDFA coming for TC.

Philter25 said:
:lol: Ah man thats good stuff, you should try comedy, seriously.

I made this thread when Purdue was undefeated this year and Orton was the top candidate for the heisman....

Check the prediction, everyone pegged him as first round talent and I thought he would be no higher than 2nd round talent after the season.... I was close.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=52886&highlight=orton
Assuming that your drafting talent with the ability to make the necessary transition to the NFL, Orton is worth a third round. Drafting at that spot, who else would you take? MacPherson - based on athletic ability alone? Arena ball makes him more qualified? Charlie Frye? Maybe. Campbell will be gone by the third. Walters is too big a risk - how much will that shoulder be a problem, will be something chronic. Greene in the 5th? Haven't seen much to get excited about with him. If winning in college translated into success in the NFL, we'd be talking about how many Pro Bowls for Jason White? Also, it's just an opinion, so calm down.

cowtowndick said:
Assuming that your drafting talent with the ability to make the necessary transition to the NFL, Orton is worth a third round. Drafting at that spot, who else would you take? MacPherson - based on athletic ability alone? Arena ball makes him more qualified? Charlie Frye? Maybe. Campbell will be gone by the third. Walters is too big a risk - how much will that shoulder be a problem, will be something chronic. Greene in the 5th? Haven't seen much to get excited about with him. If winning in college translated into success in the NFL, we'd be talking about how many Pro Bowls for Jason White? Also, it's just an opinion, so calm down.

IMO the only QBs I would take in the 3rd would be Campbell, Frye or Walters. Campbell shouldnt be there, Frye should be there, and Walters should be the best prospect in that area. Walters has had good workouts and out of the three of them, while he has the most risk to him because of his injury, he also has the most upside skillwise.

After seeing Orton play live against a good defense in Penn State, I jumped right off the bandwagon. I thought at that time he was the top QB prospect but after watching him play, blech. His stats were inflated when they were undefeated and Im glad Purdue went on a losing streak and his numbers went down.

We dont need to draft another AJ Feeley, and the only guy who has the physical talent to be better than AJ that might be left in the 3rd would be Walters.

MacPherson - based on athletic ability alone? Arena ball makes him more qualified?

Yea. He's going to adjust to the pace quicker, and the pro offense (compared to Orton).

Philter25 said:
IMO the only QBs I would take in the 3rd would be Campbell, Frye or Walters. Campbell shouldnt be there, Frye should be there, and Walters should be the best prospect in that area. Walters has had good workouts and out of the three of them, while he has the most risk to him because of his injury, he also has the most upside skillwise.

After seeing Orton play live against a good defense in Penn State, I jumped right off the bandwagon. I thought at that time he was the top QB prospect but after watching him play, blech. His stats were inflated when they were undefeated and Im glad Purdue went on a losing streak and his numbers went down.

We dont need to draft another AJ Feeley, and the only guy who has the physical talent to be better than AJ that might be left in the 3rd would be Walters.
I don't dismiss what you saw against Penn State, but at the same time, I saw him make some unbelievable throws last year as well. I guess it depends on when you want to pull the trigger on a QB - even assuming that you draft one this year. Does anyone know what the draft class for '06 looks like? Where is it deep, etc?

Back
Top Bottom