Qb Pick Now, Or Qb Pick Next Draft? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Qb Pick Now, Or Qb Pick Next Draft?

Charlie Rivers

SUPERBOWL BOUND!!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Would you use your top selection for a QB this year, or wait for next year?

I'm positive I'm in the minority; however, if by chance Haskins (pipedream) or Lock(specifically) is there at 13 I don't think you pass up the chance.

Next year! I just want to entertainment value of the site imploding when we don't select one this year :). However, it's always been perceived as a weak class and I'm not going to let draft HYPE time sway my decision.

Last edited:
What is that, like 3 new threads you've started in 10 minutes?

The plan is to secure a top draft pick for 2020 when the QB pool has multiple elite prospects. I'm on-board with following the plan and waiting for 2020.

The plan is to secure a top draft pick for 2020 when the QB pool has multiple elite prospects. I'm on-board with following the plan and waiting for 2020.

If there will be so many great quarterbacks next year, why should we tank for #1 overall

Haskins and Murray are by far the best two QB's in this class and the only two I would feel comfortable using a first round pick on but both will be gone by the time we pick at #13. If we start reaching for guys we'll end up with another Tannehill situation on our hands where we use a high draft pick on a player who's viewed as an average to good QB (Drew Lock for example) and we end up invested in this guy for 7 years hoping he'll turn a corner and be the franchise QB but never quite gets there.

I said in another thread that if the Cardinals are really shopping Rosen and the price is a 3rd I would do that because of the potential Rosen has. If he's not that great and we feel like we can do better then so be it we move on. No big deal we only gave up a 3rd. Or we just wait and be patient. 2020 and 2021 are looking like two really good years to take a quarterback.

To select the best one, obviously. What's the difference between going 1-15 and 5-11?

Was this a real question?

And how would you know who the best one is? Let's say between Wilson and Luck in 2012?
Between Goff and Wentz in 2016? Between Mahomes and Watson? Between Darnold and Allen let's say? Between Aaron Murray and AJ McCarron? Between Winston and Mariota?
How do you know who is the best?

And how would you know who the best one is? Let's say between Wilson and Luck in 2012?
Between Goff and Wentz in 2016? Between Mahomes and Watson? Between Darnold and Allen let's say? Between Aaron Murray and AJ McCarron? Between Winston and Mariota?
How do you know who is the best?

You get the first pick. You get to make that decision for yourself instead of someone else making it for you. What are you arguing here? Is this even a serious argument?

To answer your question. Tua will be the best next year unless his leg falls off.

Back
Top Bottom