QB situation and Teddy bridgewater | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB situation and Teddy bridgewater

I’m more intrigued by Gardner Minshew. I’d call the Jags and see what it would take to get him. A second would be well worth it.

Very interesting. I had the same thought today. Bridgewater looked good early on in Minnesota and New Orleans barely missed a beat when he replaced Brees. I know most fans want to draft the quarterback of the future, but Bridgewater is young and proven. I think he could work in Miami if Flores is looking for a NE approach, conservative offense, short passing game, establishing the run.

My first choice would be Tua, but if the team ends up out of range Bridgewater and Love/Fromm might be a good backup plan.

Also, think about what the draft could look like if the Dolphins didn't have to reach for a quarterback. The team could score some really good talent.

Fromm needs to not even be considered! The guy is NOT at the level of NFL starting QB. I truly don’t see the love affair with this guy. I’ve watched his games and he is ****. Weak arm and has all day to sit in the pocket. He won’t have that luxury in the MFL.

Eason and Love will be available at the end and into the second round.

He already turned down Miami once. Bridgewater is a good football player and honestly one of my favorite players to root for anywhere, but I'm not sure a guy with his game plays well outside of certain situations.
It's a fair question. He obviously made a good choice going to New Orleans, which honestly is a great spot for any quarterback to look good. I think he could view Miami differently this time around, especially if the Dolphins continue to show improvement with this coaching staff. That had to be a big question for him and he was smart enough to see the lack of talent. If the coaching staff and front office can convince him that he would be the guy and that they would get talent around him, who knows?

He already turned down Miami once. Bridgewater is a good football player and honestly one of my favorite players to root for anywhere, but I'm not sure a guy with his game plays well outside of certain situations.

He played well in Minnesota, NY Jets, and the Saints...

Three totally different situations.

Um why would we take Young and not Tua with our first first again?

Why not Cam Newton?

Cam could help us out for 2 to 3 yr than u can still draft qb. While he is here.. find qb u want to replace Cam. Dont have to put that much pressure on young qb to win right away. While coaches build rosters.

j/k

If we can end up at #3, good chance Young will go before Burrow. We'd still be in very good shape vs any retreads

He played well in Minnesota, NY Jets, and the Saints...

Three totally different situations.

He never played for the Jets outside of preseason. In Minnesota he didn't play poorly but was also entirely a game manager who wasn't allowed to be a playmaker. I think he would have been unleashed a lot more had he not gotten hurt, but we never got to see that. In New Orleans he's played well, I'll give him credit. Still, New Orleans has a brilliant offensive staff that took the right approach in tasking a guy who hadn't played meaningful football with doing nothing but move the chains until he got some positive mojo to build on, then he started leading a full offense and executing high level throws. He wouldn't have gotten that same benefit in Miami or other bottom half teams.

It's because I'm a fan of Teddy that I would rather not see him in Miami.

He never played for the Jets outside of preseason. In Minnesota he didn't play poorly but was also entirely a game manager who wasn't allowed to be a playmaker. I think he would have been unleashed a lot more had he not gotten hurt, but we never got to see that. In New Orleans he's played well, I'll give him credit. Still, New Orleans has a brilliant offensive staff that took the right approach in tasking a guy who hadn't played meaningful football with doing nothing but move the chains until he got some positive mojo to build on, then he started leading a full offense and executing high level throws. He wouldn't have gotten that same benefit in Miami or other bottom half teams.

To the contrary...it's because I'm a fan of Miami that I don't want to see Teddy here, even if he has a Pro Bowl nod under his belt.

He had his chance to come here last offseason and turned it down. I can't see him coming here a year later. Plus the Dolphins need to get their next QB in the draft and build around him.

I see your point but don’t necessarily subscribe to it. I’d rather we take an established NFL qb rather than a rookie for QB, unless the QB in draft is so goooood we can’t pass up on him (terrible unintended pun there) we can then use most or all our picks which for me is essential. Pick up great linesman with talent in draft and bring in a couple of excellent FAs to work amongst them and help guide them for a couple of years

Great so now he’s got his mojo back he can come to Miami :) and be part of the revolution to dethrone the pimp in New England .......U fortunately it is difficult to gauge some people’s Opinions as they do tend to suffer from College bias like tedslimmjnr who denies he’s Bama bias, he thinks sun shines out of Tua and Chase Young is overhyped...... go figure

The problem with these fans are their opinions are tainted by bias and their opinions are about as useful as a thin wet paper bag in these forums. (This isn’t actually aimed at you my bro)

Like others say he turned us down before so why go back? We will inevitably be much better next season so to try and gamble on getting Lawrence would be suicide.

Back
Top Bottom