QB situation and Teddy bridgewater | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB situation and Teddy bridgewater

Replacing Brees with another superstar QB is easier said than done...

How many superstar QBs are actually going to leave the team on which they became a superstar?

Unless the Saints mortgage their future to trade up for a QB, Bridgewater may be the answer for them...especially at his price point.
I didn't say they'd be able to do it. I just meant they were going to be hot and heavy to upgrade from Bridgewater immediately if not sooner.

Miami need a qb who can run and pass because our Oline suck.

This yr is free be yr for Flores .but next yr. He must start winning or improving..

Miami need a qb who can run and pass because our Oline suck.
I like a mobile QB regardless. No statues back there in this day and age, please.

And let's hope the OL is much improved when the new kid gets on the field!

I like a mobile QB regardless. No statues back there in this day and age, please.

And let's hope the OL is much improved when the new kid gets on the field!

I would be careful about selecting a QB who extensively relies on their mobility. The ones that like to use their mobility a lot are often the ones that use that mobility as a crutch and don't develop other skills such as reading the defenses quickly or using fast dump-off's or developing fast releases.

Now I don't want someone so limited that they act like statues. There is always a tradeoff between pocket awareness and concentration on the play.

In the end, I want a QB who can learn and grow, improving in at least one part of the game each year. I am more interested in escape ability within a small area rather then a QB who would is happier running with the ball then allowing a play to develop.

I would be careful about selecting a QB who extensively relies on their mobility. The ones that like to use their mobility a lot are often the ones that use that mobility as a crutch and don't develop other skills such as reading the defenses quickly or using fast dump-off's or developing fast releases.

Now I don't want someone so limited that they act like statues. There is always a tradeoff between pocket awareness and concentration on the play.

In the end, I want a QB who can learn and grow, improving in at least one part of the game each year. I am more interested in escape ability within a small area rather then a QB who would is happier running with the ball then allowing a play to develop.
Some ppl equate mobility with a penchant for running.

I know you know the difference. If RT taught us anything mobility within the pocket is more important for a QB, than 40 times.

It is certainly a great asset if the D has to respect the QB taking off for first downs though.

I still believe a guy that stands tall in the pocket, and delivers the rock on time is the best way for a long, sucessful career.

I’d rather pickup Marcus Mariota, Bridgewater already turned the Phins down.

I couldn't, in good conscience, like your post (not that it matters), because i refuse to believe in curses over competency, but totally agree with the rest.

First of all, I'm not as high on Tua as some. In fact, I prefer Herbert or Burrow, but more to the point, I don't want to lose high round picks moving up in what is really a crapshoot.

we’ll I won’t like your post either. (I’m giving you the elementary school thumbs down right now
I couldn't, in good conscience, like your post (not that it matters), because i refuse to believe in curses over competency, but totally agree with the rest.

First of all, I'm not as high on Tua as some. In fact, I prefer Herbert or Burrow, but more to the point, I don't want to lose high round picks moving up in what is really a crapshoot.

Well i wont like you either. Big elementary school thumbs down to you.

Dude, start believing. The dark arts are real. We just lost the most rising player, the biggest best surprise on the team.

When you heard that news, you didn't think to yourself "Ofcourse we did"?

Ofcourse we did. Because we're the Miami effing Dolphins. Out of all the players we could have lost, we lost him? The dark arts are real.

I’d rather pickup Marcus Mariota, Bridgewater already turned the Phins down.
Wasn't that because the Saints told him he would eventually take over for Brees? I don't think he was leaving to go anywhere.

Not what I meant. I don't want a running QB. I want a pocket passer that has mobility (and instincts).

And he still won’t leave because he’s still probably in line to take over after Brees.
Yeah, I don't know why anyone is talking about him. He may be a free agent, but if he thinks Brees has a short time left, he's resigning there.

Back
Top Bottom