QB situation and Teddy bridgewater | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB situation and Teddy bridgewater

As far as Cam goes, I can see him going to the Bengals to hook up with AJ Green, I cant see him coming here.

we’ll I won’t like your post either. (I’m giving you the elementary school thumbs down right now

Well i wont like you either. Big elementary school thumbs down to you.

Dude, start believing. The dark arts are real. We just lost the most rising player, the biggest best surprise on the team.

When you heard that news, you didn't think to yourself "Ofcourse we did"?

Ofcourse we did. Because we're the Miami effing Dolphins. Out of all the players we could have lost, we lost him? The dark arts are real.
Well, you could try cutting the head off some chickens, or sacrifice a virgin, or some other voodoo exorcism stuff.

Well, you could try cutting the head off some chickens, or sacrifice a virgin, or some other voodoo exorcism stuff.

I'll sacrifice a virgin alright. heh heh heh. I'll sacrifice her real well.

Yeah, I don't know why anyone is talking about him. He may be a free agent, but if he thinks Brees has a short time left, he's resigning there.

I wouldn't be 100 percent sure. He may have wanted to come back there to rebuild his stock in hopes of getting a much better contract than he would have gotten had he signed in the offseason for a bottom feeder like Miami who likely wouldn't have provided him the right environment for success. If he doesn't play another down this year his stock is drastically higher than where it was last offseason and somebody like Tennessee, Denver or Chicago will give him a chance to come in and play.

I wouldn't be 100 percent sure. He may have wanted to come back there to rebuild his stock in hopes of getting a much better contract than he would have gotten had he signed in the offseason for a bottom feeder like Miami who likely wouldn't have provided him the right environment for success. If he doesn't play another down this year his stock is drastically higher than where it was last offseason and somebody like Tennessee, Denver or Chicago will give him a chance to come in and play.
Good guess then.

There was a good chance he'd never see the field.

Good guess then.

There was a good chance he'd never see the field.

I have my suspicions that he was happier being paid handsomely as a backup than being pummeled and underperforming for a second-rate team. You just can't think of Bridgewater like other QB's. The guy may have had the most horrific injury than anyone has ever returned to play from. He's lucky to have a leg, be able to walk, much less play football. I've no doubt he's a competitor and wanted to prove himself, but he also wanted to do so in a sensible fashion.

That’s a no on Bridgewater. He’s played his way into big money but he’s not the type to carry a team. Bridgewater needs a great team around him in order to look good.
If by some insane turn of events we don’t take a qb with our first pick, I would take a chance on Love or Fromm. We won’t be bad enough next year to have a chance at a top qb so we have to take one in this years loaded class.

Not a fan. I don’t think he’s starter material for an entire season / would play consistently good for 16 games. As pointed out, he’s on an excellent team and did what you’d expect. For comparison, look at what Matt Moore is doing in KC. QBR > 100, has not turned the ball over and has a W a L (where he played brilliantly) and a save. Point is, these guys are on VERY good teams and that is making them look better than they are. For me, Teddy would be a move that feels like settling for 8-8 type of thing.

Not a fan. I don’t think he’s starter material for an entire season / would play consistently good for 16 games. As pointed out, he’s on an excellent team and did what you’d expect. For comparison, look at what Matt Moore is doing in KC. QBR > 100, has not turned the ball over and has a W a L (where he played brilliantly) and a save. Point is, these guys are on VERY good teams and that is making them look better than they are. For me, Teddy would be a move that feels like settling for 8-8 type of thing.
Exactly where we've been for the better part of two decades!

I think Teddy on the right team is easily a 10-13 win guy. He was 5-0 on the Saints and 11-5 on the Vikes in his only full season starting. He can throw just as good or better than guys like Kyle Allen and Jimmy G in SF have shown this year. But the Miami Dolphins aren't the right team.

Back
Top Bottom