QB situation and Teddy bridgewater | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB situation and Teddy bridgewater

Great post.

IMO opinion the odds of success rise with all of our picks intact and most important, the 3 first rounders.

If Grier can't hit on one star with three picks in the first round, we continue to have cursed luck and unlike last year, it will be crystal clear that Grier has to go.

I'm not for a trade up for any player. Odds are we can come away with one of the top QB prospects.

This coming offseason will. be. HUGE. We have 6 picks possibly 7 in the first two days. As of Oct. 19, Spotrac has us projected to lead the league in cap space.

If we can't make a giant leap next year, life is sad. Grier has to go. And there is no denying we are cursed.
I couldn't, in good conscience, like your post (not that it matters), because i refuse to believe in curses over competency, but totally agree with the rest.

First of all, I'm not as high on Tua as some. In fact, I prefer Herbert or Burrow, but more to the point, I don't want to lose high round picks moving up in what is really a crapshoot.

Man, TB didn't want to come here before so why would we want him now? He can stay with the saints and we'll draft our QB. I'm not giving up any picks for him.

Man, TB didn't want to come here before so why would we want him now? He can stay with the saints and we'll draft our QB. I'm not giving up any picks for him.
Our front office probably didnt gave TB no guarantee.. dolphins pretty much destroyed Rosen career.

Our front office probably didnt gave TB no guarantee.. dolphins pretty much destroyed Rosen career.
Destroyed his career? You make it sound as if he's been great for a few years and now he's ruined. I was not for that trade and some people told me that we had to take a chance which I understand but while I see that he has some talent, I don't think he's the guy to lead a team to the super bowl. We need to stop with all the projects and draft our QB.

Destroyed his career? You make it sound as if he's been great for a few years and now he's ruined. I was not for that trade and some people told me that we had to take a chance which I understand but while I see that he has some talent, I don't think he's the guy to lead a team to the super bowl. We need to stop with all the projects and draft our QB.
I agree w most of what u are saying but coming to dolphins. Could be career end deal. For any young Qb. Rosen can play, I just think Rosen problem is mentally. He is screw as qb so is jets qb.

I agree w most of what u are saying but coming to dolphins. Could be career end deal. For any young Qb. Rosen can play, I just think Rosen problem is mentally. He is screw as qb so is jets qb.
I'm an optimist. I see Rosen coming to the Dolphins as a career starting kind of deal.

I don't think that's how getting a good QB works. Look at Bret Favre's path to success.

are you saying we shouldn't draft a QB because we have Rosen?

No!

I feel we need to be drafting a QB almost every year, just to be primed for when our 1st string QB gets injured. I feel we need to always have 3 QB's; a starter, an experienced backup and a newer QB developing each and every season.

I suspect we will see more of Rosen this year and next year. By then we will know if he pans out or not. With the number of draft picks we have now for the next two drafts, there is no reason in the world not to get at least one QB in each of the next two drafts just to be in the best possible position to be generating our future franchise QB. I don't know who that will end up being and I don't care. I do care about getting and developing QB's on a consistent basis each season and ending up with competent QB play.

It seems that more teams are experiencing the loss of their primary and secondary QB's this year then ever before. This is becoming a trend and we need to be prepared for it,

I'd trade them a UDFA that could become a 7th if we win a playoff game.
This kind of trade would be in keeping with other trades we've made this year. If the offer is too good to pass up, take it, even if it means our losing a good player as long as we improve overall as a team due to the trade.

He thinks he's the heir apparent to Drew Brees.

They might have even told him as much.

No idea how much longer Brees will play.

Even if N.O. told him he would get the starting job when Brees retires, and he is still in N.O. when that happens, I can't see him starting there for more than one season.

He is kidding himself if he thinks the Saints are going to settle for Teddy Bridgewater after 14+ years of Drew Brees.

They will be looking to replace him with another superstar QB immediately.

Replacing Brees with another superstar QB is easier said than done...

How many superstar QBs are actually going to leave the team on which they became a superstar?

Unless the Saints mortgage their future to trade up for a QB, Bridgewater may be the answer for them...especially at his price point.

Seems like not overthinking it and just taking the best QB in the draft is the best course of action, but the Phins, like many of their fans, are utterly incapable of not overthinking it.

This kind of trade would be in keeping with other trades we've made this year. If the offer is too good to pass up, take it, even if it means our losing a good player as long as we improve overall as a team due to the trade.
I was joking, as you probably can't trade a future UDFA (lol) (I guess it wasn't funny), but that is the most I'd offer if it were possible! :D

Back
Top Bottom