QB situation | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB situation

Who is the answer at QB? (both short and long term)

• Daunte Culpepper

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • Joey Harrington

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • FA QB (Matt Schuab, Chris Simms, etc.)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • draft a QB early (Brohm, Smith, etc.)

Votes: 14 34.1%

• Total voters
No quarterback is going to be successful with a bunch of second rate recievers who drop the ball and a piss poor o line and running game..... We don't have one legit playmaker on offense, none would start on any playoff team in the league.....

OK, let me throw my hat in the ring. C-Pep was not healthy this year. To put any stock in his play would be useless. I think we have to give him a chance. We spent a second rounder on him and we have not even seen what he can do. I think is a very servicable back up, but that is all he will ever be. Besides, i think he only signed a two year deal with us, so he may be gone after next year. I like the idea of drafting the kid from LSU, but to spend anything higher than a third would not be smart. I think if, and only, if C-Pep is 100% at draft time, we should draft a QB and look at Joey as trade bait or 3rd string. I say that because if C-Pep is 100%, he should get the nod and trade Joey, so us genious fan wont be hollaring for Joey after the 1st mistake he makes next year.

dolfan121 said:
OK, let me throw my hat in the ring. C-Pep was not healthy this year. To put any stock in his play would be useless. I think we have to give him a chance. We spent a second rounder on him and we have not even seen what he can do. I think is a very servicable back up, but that is all he will ever be. Besides, i think he only signed a two year deal with us, so he may be gone after next year. I like the idea of drafting the kid from LSU, but to spend anything higher than a third would not be smart. I think if, and only, if C-Pep is 100% at draft time, we should draft a QB and look at Joey as trade bait or 3rd string. I say that because if C-Pep is 100%, he should get the nod and trade Joey, so us genious fan wont be hollaring for Joey after the 1st mistake he makes next year.

Why does everyone want to draft Jamarcus Russle so bad anyway? He's just like Dante down right to the descision making. If we are going to draft a QB we should draft Brian Brohm.

We need to draft a QB. Harrington and Cleo are backups and nothing more. Pepper is just finished. Yeah he was hurt, and while we can use that as an excuse for his poor physical play, it doesnt excuse the mental play. In that he was horrible. He makes awful decisions, holds onto the ball way to long, cant read a defense etc. Its all been said before

People keep thinking about daunte as he was 3-4-5 years ago. Its not coming back!! Running QBs dont have a few great seasons, then go in the crapper only to re-emerge a few years later after devastating knee injuries.

If he was so good or has so much potentional left why did the Vikes ship him out for a second rounder with no qualms. Did they seriously think Brad Johnson was their future? NO. They ditched Daunte cause they thought he was done and they were getting a second rounder for a washed up QB-not a bad deal for them!

Back
Top Bottom