Qb? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Qb?

Jssanto

Club Member
Reaction score
I understand Fales vs Osweiler as the back up battle, but why does Petty not get a look? Is he obviously not a candidate? Just a camp arm for drills and preseason games? I do not get to see the games but the replay at Tampa Bay I thought he looked good.

Because Gase has known Brock longer, not sure if anyone else has noticed that he loves to bring in his former players whether they are a good fit or not, thus far it's been more of the latter. I would rather keep petty than the lobster but knowing Gase he will keep Brock.

Because Gase has known Brock longer, not sure if anyone else has noticed that he loves to bring in his former players whether they are a good fit or not, thus far it's been more of the latter. I would rather keep petty than the lobster but knowing Gase he will keep Brock.
Actually, Gase's wasn't exactly clamoring for Osweiler:
"...Osweiler was a second-round draft choice of the Denver Broncos, coached there by Gase. On Thursday, Gase conceded he needed to be convinced a bit by some in the organization that Osweiler was worth the long look.
“I probably took longer than everybody else,” Gase said. “When we started the free agency process, guys were talking about the fact that he’s 27 years old. He’s played for you before. You were part of the guys that drafted him. You know him well. He wants to be here. They were almost selling me. I really had to go through things and make sure that he was good getting back with me and understanding the situation we were in and what he was going to be competing for..."

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...ns-adam-gase-i-dont-need-another-quarterback/

Actually, Gase's wasn't exactly clamoring for Osweiler:
"...Osweiler was a second-round draft choice of the Denver Broncos, coached there by Gase. On Thursday, Gase conceded he needed to be convinced a bit by some in the organization that Osweiler was worth the long look.
“I probably took longer than everybody else,” Gase said. “When we started the free agency process, guys were talking about the fact that he’s 27 years old. He’s played for you before. You were part of the guys that drafted him. You know him well. He wants to be here. They were almost selling me. I really had to go through things and make sure that he was good getting back with me and understanding the situation we were in and what he was going to be competing for..."

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...ns-adam-gase-i-dont-need-another-quarterback/
But but but... that doesn’t line up with the “Gase only gets players he has coached for” narrative

The best solution would be to trade a mid round pick for Bridgewater. But knowing Gase he’ll likely go with Osweiler.
I am not sure we should trade for a backup QB. Tannehill is our QB in 2018 and if he fails or goes down we're drafting early next year anyway.

But but but... that doesn’t line up with the “Gase only gets players he has coached for” narrative
Actually i guess it does, but I suppose I could’ve said - only likes players he has coached.

Clearly he’s not that high on brock

I am not sure we should trade for a backup QB. Tannehill is our QB in 2018 and if he fails or goes down we're drafting early next year anyway.
Teddy may be better than anyone coming out next year and he's only 25 years old. Accurate and his touch on the deep pass is a thing of beauty! Only on the books for $5 mil.

If Tannehill does go down Bridgewater could even turn out to elevate the team's playoff chances. Heck, Matt Moore did in 2016 and Bridgewater certainly is better than Moore was.

It's possible Bridgewater is actually a better QB than Tannehill.

to be real thill17 is just patch work to try keep front office around... sell ticket for Ross
this team is know where near competing for superbowl??
the future will be here and we still will not know if thill17 is answer...
The only reason Gase was good because of Manning... there going be some good backup qb come cut day that will be better than fales

Teddy may be better than anyone coming out next year and he's only 25 years old. Accurate and his touch on the deep pass is a thing of beauty! Only on the books for $5 mil.

If Tannehill does go down Bridgewater could even turn out to elevate the team's playoff chances. Heck, Matt Moore did in 2016 and Bridgewater certainly is better than Moore was.

It's possible Bridgewater is actually a better QB than Tannehill.

Yeah I agree with you and I’m on board but do you really think the Jets would trade Teddy to a division rival?

I’m not really understanding this petty stuff. He got one drive at the end of the game in the 2 minute.

Teddy b evidently only makes $5 mil guaranteed this year. If the jets for some dumb reason release him and keep McCown they will have a likely day 2 pick in return coming their way.

Teddy b should cost more than a 4th rounder.

I can't see the Jets trading to us. That'd be too Jetsy even for the Jets.

Back
Top Bottom