QB's may drop | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB's may drop

SuperBankz

17-0 perfectville Pop. 1
Reaction score
wasnt Rogers supposed to go in the top five last year and he dropped down to the packers.. do you think that this may happen again this year with say maybe the top 3 qbs right now?

It's possible. Not very likely, but possible. The talent and depth at almost every other position besides QB makes it unlikely that the QBs drop. But then again, that same factor could be why the QBs fall. There is SO much talent in the first round that some of these guys may be hard to pass up because the other positions are closer to sure things than the QB position.

Depends on the combine. If Cutler really impresses Tennessee, it's possible he could go to #3. I see Leinart as a lock at #2. Young could fall a little, probably not to #16 though. I just don't see an Aaron Rodgers-like fall this year.

I think that if Croyle and Whitehurst and Jacobs have a good combine then Cutler could fall due to the fact that some teams would feel that they can get a QB later on but then again Nick could feel the same way.

Ozzy rules!!

from what i understand, teams didn't like rodgers long before the draft, and he was destined to drop months before it happened. it wasn't just some last minute thing. i just think all the mock draft people were wrong.

Arizona and Detroit are the key, I think. If either of those teams like him, he goes at 9 or 10. Otherwise, he's ours at 16. No other team between us will draft a QB. What I'm hoping to see is Arizona acquire Phillip Rivers or Daunte Culpepper, since I don't see them letting a QB slip past them without addressing that position before hand. With a new coach Detroit just might decide to give Harrington another shot.

In my opinion, all three QB's will be gone before the 15th pick. The Aaron Rodgers free-fall last year had alot to do with the teams that were picking. Everyone knew the 3 rb's would be taken in the Top 10, Braylon Edwards would be gone Top 5, plus Antrel Rolle, Adam Jones, Carlos Rogers and Mike Williams. There was a very good possibility which ever QB wasn't taken first had a chance of falling out of the Top 10 if the only team that needed a QB in the Top 10 (Arizona) took a CB with their first pick.
With that said, there are just too many teams picking high in this draft that desperately need a QB(N.O., Tenn., Detroit, Arizona, Miami). That is why I believe 3 QB's will be taken before the 15th pick.

There were just as many teams with QB needs at the top of the draft last year that either decided to draft other positions or didnt think that Rodgers was worth the high pick. Arizona and Cleveland both could have selected QBs...you really never know until after the combine and really until the draft.

Danny said:
I think that if Croyle and Whitehurst and Jacobs have a good combine then Cutler could fall due to the fact that some teams would feel that they can get a QB later on but then again Nick could feel the same way.

Ozzy rules!!

well put. :dolphins:

Back
Top Bottom